Well that just won't work

Hey FlawedCoil82,

what is all of those bands on your signature about? Breaking Benjamin, Creed, 3 doors down, Lifehouse, creed, linkin park? just to name of few, surely you don't like these faggy bands do you?

Hey FlawedCoil82,

what is all of those bands on your signature about? Breaking Benjamin, Creed, 3 doors down, Lifehouse, creed, linkin park? just to name of few, surely you don't like these faggy bands do you?

It's terrible, isn't it? Even I cannot fathom how I am capable of appreciating music like Katatonia when I listen to such faggy bands. :erk:

Like I said above (and 2,000 times so far), I JUDGE BANDS BY THE VOCALISTS! Unfortunately, "metal" music is plagued by guys/chicks who believe grunting, screaming and growling (or sounding like cheesy Meatloaf or opera knockoffs) is the only way to sing in "metal". Newer Katatonia is one of the super rare exceptions to that rule (thus the reason I love their sound so much, despite liking so many other fagass bands with vocalists that are far more appealing to what I like to hear in vocals).
Jack

You don't know much about metal, so don't be so ignorant. There are plenty of metal bands with clean vocalists...if you don't want to listen to Death, Black, Thrash or other genres of metal with harsh vocals then don't...plain and simple.

And I wouldn't call the new Katatonia metal anyways...Actually they haven't really had a metal sound since Sounds Of Decay...I like to think of Katatonia having their own sound, without having to be pinned in a corner as a straight metal or rock band.

HOW IN THE FUCK DID THIS THREAD GO FROM WHY DOES BLUESKY DISLIKE TCGD INTO A TOOL SUCKS THREAD?

GET THE FUCK BACK ON TOPIC.

thanks!

Wasn't it supposed to be another "NITND is really awesome" thread, acoording to the first post? ;)
sorta, i started the thread, but my intention was to discuss the possibility of the guys playing the album in its entirety live. And yet no one has said one thing about that

Warning.

Really though, most of the best metal has harsh vocals and you really don't get the point if you think they detract from the music.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj3p2g-DNn0&feature=related[/ame]

Maiden. Ryche...

Why am I even listing some? Do the research man..

Last edited by a moderator:
Pentagram, Candlemass, Witchfinder General, Satan, Tygers Of Pan Tang, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Manilla Road, later Sentenced, Atlantean Kodex, Anvil Chorus, Cloven Hoof, Blitzkrieg, Helstar, Sanctuary....to name a few...

Granted, some have falsettos, but I still consider that clean.

FlawedCoil82:

You might also like Tiamat. Some of their albums have the growls though. But if you check out their cd's titled; "Prey", "Skeleton Skeletron", "Judas Christ", "A Deeper Kind of Slumber", those don't have any growls. Tiamat is like dark goth rock mixed with Pink Floyd.

all the prog metal bands out there as well
Ayreon, kamelot, evergrey, sun caged, riverside, dream theater, symphony-x, Nevermore, the mars volta, redemtion, fates warning, shadow gallery, circus maximus, spock's beard, transatlantic, vanden plas, pain of salvation... etc etc

No.

Seventh Wonder-Mercy Falls

IS the best record of the decade.

That is all.

I just can't stand that style of vocals and his lyrics suck IMO, I hate this band on the same level as I do Dream Theatre, I just don't like the style of music, it conveys no emotion for me.

Are you kidding me? He has a fucking amazing voice, way better than any (for the most part) standard cheesy power/classic heavy metal singer....

Failure is right about the Vocals, he is fucking incredible. No emotion? Have you actually listened to Mercy Falls? Its fucking flawless and bursting with emotion. I get what you mean about Dream Theater but this is nothing like it bar being progressive. DT value being technical over writing great songs SW on the other hand have perfected a mixture of the two, MF = 100% flawless victory.

Album of the Decade? No but its definitaly better than anything Katatonia have done (IMO ofc).

I'm also addicted to NiTND like most people here seem to be :lol:
Considering Hammerfest II next year and I agree with OP. They should just play it in its entirity.

Also a decent band to check out that's somewhat influenced by Katatonia is "MARBLE ARCH-Another Sunday Bright". It was released on Century Media maybe 5-7 years ago and was actually good! Not great, but good if you like darker rock. I think the band broke up after the one release though.

NEW DAWN FOUNDATION is also another pretty cool band for darker rock. They sound a bit like H.I.M. but not as "girly" in the sense that they won't have quite as big appeal to girls as HIM does. Not knocking HIM for that though.

Edit: Both those bands are hard too find, but they are available on Amazon.com and maybe E-bay as well.

FlawedCoil82:

You might also like Tiamat. Some of their albums have the growls though. But if you check out their cd's titled; "Prey", "Skeleton Skeletron", "Judas Christ", "A Deeper Kind of Slumber", those don't have any growls. Tiamat is like dark goth rock mixed with Pink Floyd.

and Wildhoney.

Also a decent band to check out that's somewhat influenced by Katatonia is "MARBLE ARCH-Another Sunday Bright". It was released on Century Media maybe 5-7 years ago and was actually good! Not great, but good if you like darker rock. I think the band broke up after the one release though.

One of the guys from Marble Arch i Martin Boman, who hosts one of swedens biggest morning radio shows on bandit radio here in sweden.
He has made some covers of Katatonia available on thyre homepage if anyone´s curious (i have posted them here before..)
he now plays in Librah who is really good aswell.