Well....

Super Mahrio

Deeply Horrible Person
Apr 30, 2003
Muspelheim
Visit site
Mah did it...Mah reformatted the crone and inserted Linux 2.4 (Ubuntu) in that there crone...however Mah faces a problem...Linux 2.4 figures that theres no modem in me crone...i guess it WAS a winmodem after all.. :yuk: so now...im not sure what to do...should i go get an external one? the one i saw at the store that actually stated it worked with Linux was like 60 bucks! :yow: wtf, mate? or do i need to find the driver for the existing modem...and if so, how do i go about doing that? :erk:
the crone feels so much better now that Windows is gone...but she cant get online...(im using me mothers computer)

Poor Mah. When you hop on and I catch you again, let me know and we'll see if we can find you drivers.

Hi, this is metalized. What kind of modem do you have?
1. You need to know this first in order to insert for the correct driver to your kernel. Also your kernel has to be compiled with support for the specific drivers you need. If it is a win modem, forget it.
2. Does Ubuntu have configuration tools to make your life easier? If not install another distro. As far as I know Ubuntu has only Gnome. KDE has far more better support and configuration options.

Pyrus said:
That sucks, Jamie. My suggestion is to buy a Mac.
Too much money for only net connection and basing staff. Linux can do all that as safe as MAC OS and it has much better support.