We've received our first reviews of 'PIB'

Tauredil said:
I've started playing bass because of Steve Harris. Iron Maiden was the band that made me listen to metal. That's perhaps I always liked the bands in which you can clearly hear the bass. In the other bands, there's something missing.
Btw, there are many bassplayer better than Harris (even if he has an incredible right hand) but ... he is the man!

I really like Micke's sound. What bass and amp does he use?

I think Ronnie used a Rockbass (or perhaps a warwick) during the metallian tour
It's a Warwick Rockbass. ;)
I also had another Warwick with me but that bass didn't work properly...I have now idea why though. :erk:

My favorite bassplayers are btw:

Steve Harris
Markus Grosskopf
Timi Hansen
Hal Patino
Sharleé D'angelo

Atopine said:
it's easier to play sometimes than guitar.

That's a good thing at the beginning because you can quickely learn some easy songs and join a band faster than a guitar player for example (which is a very good way to learn faster).
But I don't like people who says that bass is too easy. You can always write very technical lines, but it's sometimes (often?) useless, even if I really like to hear that sometimes. That's not the main aim of this instrument, it just has to fit to the music and makes the sound deeper, more powerfull, more ... :headbang:

Nico16 said:
Micke used a 5 string Hamer on both albums, if I'm not mistaken (with tuning G C F A# D#). He also got an Ibanez Ergodyne 5-string which he wanted to use for the recording of PIB, but when they were preparing the instruments in the studio they noticed that the bass created some static noises that shouldn't be there... so he used his old Hamer bass for those recordings as well. On AWD the bass was recorded through a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier ...the same that was used for the guitars. And he plays with a pick ;) ...unlike me, I use the same 3-finger picking technique that Steve DiGiorgio uses (1232123...) only difference is that I'm damn slow and DiGiorgio is fast as hell ;)

Ergodyne through a Dual Rectifier on AWD. Hamer through some sort of Ampeg on PIB. I was originally going to record PIB through my Carvin amp, but it was easier to use the Ampeg.