what 2-12 to match a 5150?

A friend of mine has the traditional 4x12 and a 5150. Sounds great to me. Better than most cabs I have heard and it is under $500 new. Great tight sound. Here is Chris Broderick playing through one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di9UXIHUH84
The video doesn't do it justice obviously....but the fact that he is playing it is good enough reason for me to buy one.

I plan on getting the 2x12 version sometime.

Well it's not exactly an atypical combo; V30s seem to be the most tried-and-true speakers, and Avatar makes good middle-of-the-road cabs. Of course, if price isn't an object and you want the absolute greatest in existence, Bogner Oversized Closed Back is where it's at.

Well it's not exactly an atypical combo; V30s seem to be the most tried-and-true speakers, and Avatar makes good middle-of-the-road cabs. Of course, if price isn't an object and you want the absolute greatest in existence, Bogner Oversized Closed Back is where it's at.
Thats what I thought I think Ill have to go with the bogner,Thanks

Bogner oversized is basically the Avatar vintage size - I believe even down to dimensions and wood specs.

Yep they are exactly the same thing. The ONLY difference is the plastic logo on the front.

I am curious if avatar actually makes the cabs for bogner....or if they just ripped them off :lol:

My comment about them being nice was sarcastic...hoping someone would chime in that they are the same thing. Hopefully this guy doesn't go ahead and buy a bogner now before he checks back.

Actually, ochants76, they are definitely NOT the same thing - as evidenced by the 20 pound weight difference between the two. That difference can only come from the thicker wood used in the construction, and naturally of top quality - I have a hard time believing that an Avatar can match my Bogner for tightness.

I have had both of them apart before....same wood...completely identical. Both made of birch ply. Same joints. And to me the weight seems the same. I think one of the two companies may have made a mistake wherever you read that. Or maybe one is weight without speakers and one is with....

and in case you don't believe me....
http://www.bogneramplification.com/SpeakersInfo.htm
Specs: special-select Birch multi-ply wood construction, including the back panels, no particle-board used.

http://www.avatarspeakers.com/vintage g212.htm
The construction is voidless Birch Plywood with black tolex, white piping, black strap handle and wheat grille cloth.

They are the exact same thing.

Ok you got me on the casters...:)
Gotta love $300+ casters

Hey man, all I'm saying is when you click on the 2x12 link within that Bogner link you posted, it clearly says at the bottom 79 lbs. closed-back, 77 open, and if you scroll down in that avatar link you also posted, it says approximately 59 pounds depending on speakers (meaning, that's the weight with speakers, but depending on which ones you choose it could be slightly lower or higher). You'll notice that the quantity of "plies," for lack of a better term (e.g. 14-ply) isn't listed; to me, that's the biggest giveaway that the Bogner uses a significantly higher value than the Avatar.

Also, the Engl 212 that ways approximately the same also costs the same; I find it hard to believe that this is a coincidence. I only went for the Bogner over the Engl because of the Bogner's slightly larger size (I don't plan on ever needing another cab any time soon, so I wanted it to sound more like a 4x12).

Make up your own mind Rupturemetal, cuz arguing on the internet is truly an exercise in retardation, so I'm done. Just know that after doing a substantial amount of research, I settled on the Bogner and I love it w/ my jSX.

If it comes down to it I may have to track a couple friends down and get pictures of both of them.

20lbs would be a considerable amount of birch...and I swear they seemed the same weight when I helped carry them up the stairs.

If it comes down to it I may have to track a couple friends down and get pictures of both of them.

20lbs would be a considerable amount of birch...and I swear they seemed the same weight when I helped carry them up the stairs.

the weight difference *is* the casters. there was a long in depth thread about the bogner and avatar vintage cabs on HCAF. I belelive dave at avatar chimed in and stated the cabs are built by different companies. There are differences but not many. I believe the width/depth of the bogner is about is about .5"s more then the avatar.

Yep they are exactly the same thing. The ONLY difference is the plastic logo on the front. Hopefully this guy doesn't go ahead and buy a bogner now before he checks back.

No I'm not running out and buying a bogner just yet,hell if the avatar is close to the bogner thats worth half the cost .