what about individual discrimanation - Anna-Varney's thoughts of individualism

Originally posted by Lenore
Whats ur fave album /song from Sopor Ivo ?

For me it would be the album 'Todeswunsch' & 'Dead Lover Sarabande 1 ' , with songs such as 'no one is there' , 'Hades Pluton ' or 'va(r)nitas vanitas' ...

I still havent listened to all of his stuff tho , but im into him since a few years now , and he's deffo one of the most talented & impressive musician i ever heard...

To be honest I'm not very fan of that german goth-wave culture, but this guy is really amazing - they (Ensemble of shadows and Anna-Varney) really put some true emotions into that musical drama...
my fave albums are "Dead lovers sarabande I & II" "Tales from the inverted womb" - I've heard and the older stuff, but it seemed me a bit more primitive and maybe histerical with the absence of the strings-chamber instruments and the AMAZING brass section that gives that deep funeral grief.
I was even at their message board, but it was almost all in german...
:cry:

Originally posted by Ivo
I was even at their message board, but it was almost all in german...
:cry:

I have the same problem , i quickly gave up :(

Oh btw , i guess you know about Nenia c'alladhan too?

they should release some sheep album cd...
meeeeeeeeeeeee......meeeeeeeeeee.....meeeeeee

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
They did. That sheep even sang a cover-version of 'I love rocknroll' wearing tight leather costume.
Like Elvis, right?
Some Elvis sheep...:lol:

Well , i do respectr Anna Varney's music and creations a lot , but fucken hell this article i just read makes me wonder if he's so "special" , or just another marketing creature ... see :

<<Limited editions for new Sopor Aeternus release
"Es reiten die Toten so schnell" is the title of the new Sopor Aeternus album that was recorded at John Rivers' legendary Woodbine-Studio, where such well-known acts like Dead Can Dance have been produced. Due to the extreme limitation of both limited editions, you'll have to order quickly to get hold of the edition. We advise you to check the link below daily in order to get hold of it as it will be ready in pre-order one of these days through our e-partner. This album will be released in three different formats: 1) a standard CD edition including a 16 pages and a 4 colour booklet, 2) a luxurious limited CD book edition limited to 1999 copies and bound in black linen with silver foil blocked cover and 40 full-coloured pages. This book contains entirely exclusive and extreme photographic artwork by Joachim Luetke and Anna-Varney. The book and CD is packaged in a specially designed, silver foil blocked high quality sleeve. 3) a luxurious limited edition of 666 copies, silver foil blocked 12" box. The box is hand-numbered and signed by Anna-Varney and contains a silver foil blocked gatefold sleeve with printed LP wallets, two 60x90 cm posters with exclusive images, a XL sized T-Shirt, available exclusively in this box (white print on black cotton), a set of 8 postcards, 3 consecrated hosts of St. Varney of the Dead and a bag of 100% original graveyard soil (no joke!!!). >>

Man , that's crazy :) :) :)

And i dont even wanna imagine the price of it ! :)