What albums should a thrash/speed metal newcomer check out? help a 'thrax fan

Check out Iced Earth,In Flames,Deicide(1st Album) ,Morbid Angel's - Altars of Madness,Celtic Frost(not Cold Lake!),Death,Children of Bodom,The Haunted.

That should be a start to piss off the neighbors!!

i didnt read everthing cause i was too lazy, but if this one wasent talked about they rule,
converge, they are some awesome mother fuckers and they make brutal thrash in this day and age of nu-metal

from what he mentioned he had 4 music then id go with testament-practice what you preach,souls of black
forbidden-twisted into form
wrathchild america-climbin the walls,3-D
suicidal tendencies-lights...camera...revolution,controlled by hatred
prong-beg to differ,cleansing,face value
as 4 new stuff try sevendust,spineshank,black label society

Hi!

Don't forget to check out:

D.R.I.: "Thrashzone", "4 Of A Kind", "Crossover" and "Full Speed Ahead"

Whiplash: "Power And Pain", "Thrashback" and "Insult To Injury"

Tourniquet: "Psycho Surgery", "Microscopic View Of..."

Hades: "If At First You Don't Succeed", "Exist To Resist", "The Downside", "Damnation"

The Crumbsuckers: "Beast On My Back"

Exciter: "The Dark Command", "Blood Of Tyrants", "Heavy Metal Maniac"

Anvil: "Forged In Fire" and "Speed Of Sound"

Thrash Or Be Thrashed!

Damn you Thrashard after reading all this shit above I wanted to be the 1st to put a DRI album!!!, my choice would be "Dealing with It"
Also check out any Mordred album you can get!!!
the 1st 2 of Sabbat ( and that's not Black Sabbath!!!!)

Originally posted by Armored Thrax
Second the vote for some Suicidal Tendencies......

Lights, Camera, Revolution

Controlled by Hatred

How Will I Laugh Tomorrow

I hadn't listened to ST for a long time. I had the very first album, when they were more punk than anything else, and didn't take them too seriously. But lately, I've found I've been listening to them a lot more. You Can't Bring me Down kills!

good to see some suicyco muthakuckas on here!!
SxTx!!!!

wow, suicidal are such an under-rated band, but i guess we are all used to that being anthrax fans LOL.

rocky george is an incredible guitar player.
mike clark is an equal to our friend mr. ian.
trujillo always kills.

i urge everyone to buy "lights camera revolution" and "how will i laugh tomorrow"- both killer albums that i never tire of.
if anyone gets the chance to see them live- GO! they are amazing (alas minus rocky and trujillo) but their new 20 year old drummer is mind blowing.