What albums should a thrash/speed metal newcomer check out? help a 'thrax fan

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
I hadn't listened to ST for a long time. I had the very first album, when they were more punk than anything else, and didn't take them too seriously. But lately, I've found I've been listening to them a lot more. You Can't Bring me Down kills!

you cant bring me down is one song that i'll never get sick of,the video clip is pretty cool too,muir at his best.

"your opinion dont mean shit to me & your shits about to fall
your rationale isnt rational
like bungie jumping off a 6 foot wall"

anyone remember when he(muir) was on a talk show?i cant remember which on but he slammed the guy about metal music disrupting the youth.

I saw Suicidal open for Anthrax about 12 years ago in Orlando and it was SWEET AS HELL.

Got into it with a jackass that was trying to hurt people in the pit. He was swinging elbows, throwing punches, etc.....I waited for the perfect moment and when he came around, I picked his ass up, carried him across the pit and slammed him into the ground. END OF STORY....I AM A BADASS.......

well not exactly.........I left the pit and decided to watch the show. About 10 minutes later I get CLOCKED. Split my eye wide open. Nothing like watching Suicidal and Anthrax with blood dripping down your face. SWEET!!!!!

Had a shiner for about two weeks........talk about a souvenier!!!

Testament: The New Order, Practice What You Preach, Low, and The Gathering.
Judas Priest:painkiller
Nevermore: The Politics Of Ecstasy, Dreaming Neon Black, Dead Heart In A Dead World
Carcass:Heartwork
Arch Enemy:Wages Of Sin
Fight:War Of Words
BUY THEM NOW!!! Lots of good, tasteful guitar playing!

Ok not new bands but definatley worth checkin' out:

Can't beat a bit of Carcass although personally i'd go for Swansong over Heartwork.

Death: Individual thought patterns (Includes some of the best fretless bass lines you will ever hear).

Pantera: Cowboys from Hell, Vulgar display of power, Far beyond driven.

Napalm Death: Utopia banished, Scum, Words from the exit wound.

Possessed: Seven churches.

Venom: Black metal, In league with Satan. (OK showing my age now).

Hope this helps.

damn, i've really appreciated everyone's responses.

especially, sucidial tendencies - i already dig some old punk/hardcore - so this punk/thrash will own.

These have probably been put on the board already but heres some of those that i think are shit hot

Sabbat 'History of a TIme to come'
Sabbat 'Dreamweaver'
Machine 'Head Burn my Eyes' (They then softened up)
Anthrax 'any album name'
Sepultura 'Beneath the Remains'

Utopia Banished effing kills first ND albu, i bought and was blown away. Carcass Heartwork rules too. Couple of good quality British metal.