what are some good grind metal

swizzlenuts

i'm sciencing as fast as i can
Apr 21, 2003
Arkham
what are some good grind metal like cephalic carnage and skinless? i dont really like this music as much as black and viking metal, but i think its quite interesting, gimmie songs and bands....

old Carcass, Pig Destroyer, Naplam Death, old Fear Factory, Agoraphobic Nosebleed.

Nevermind, scratch that last one...

Brutal Truth is the best the genre has to offer.

And if someone says that grind isn't music or it sucks or some other nonsense, chances are they listen to Soilwork or some other bubble gum metal pansy shit and can't handle the truly brutal metal.

And if someone says that grind isn't music or it sucks or some other nonsense, chances are they listen to Soilwork or some other bubble gum metal pansy shit and can't handle the truly brutal metal.

When a bands entire musical goal is to be the fastest, heaviest, most satanic, shitfest there is, thats what clues you in to their total lack of musical direction. And yes I cant handle "truly brutal metal" because I dont listen to music that gives me a headache. I could care less if im not the most extreme tr00 metalhead ever.

p.s. I dont like Soilwork at all.

anonymousnick2001 said:
Mortician aren't even music.

hmmmm. would give this response slightly more credibility had I not noticed the gag-fest of quotes at the bottom of this person's screen. Saw a video the other day by that Andrew W.K. thing (I think?) Was some long hair dude playing piano, was it not? Could not change the channel fast enough, and puked all over the coffee table.

For the uninitiated, please ignore the mental midgets that cannot appreciate the enormity of Mortician. If you have not heard them before, DON'T just go off and download a song and listen to it in a vacuum. Does not work that way. You must go buy an entire CD, so you can fully IMMERSE yourself in their sub-sonic violence.

As for the original thread, in my opinion the entire universe of straight out grindcore (as opposed to goregrind, which is another matter entirely) revolves around the following bands:

Pig Destroyer
Agoraphobic Nosebleed
Phobia
Rotten Sound
Guntgrutcher
Fuck...I'm Dead
Brutal Truth

I owned two Mortician albums once. 'Hacked Up For Barbecue' and 'Domain Of Death'.

I guess i'm just not into listening to literally minutes and minutes of samples from horror movies, or into boring flat death vocals, boring flat guitars, and a droning drum machine.

"Grindcore" that I can recommend:

The Berzerker- 'Dissimulate'
Carcass- 'Necrotism: Descanting The Insalubrious'
Cryptopsy- 'None So Vile'
Impaled- 'The Dead Shall Dead Remain' AND 'Mondo Medicale'
Murder Squad- 'Unsane, Insane, and Mentally Deranged'
Pig Destroyer- 'Prowler In The Yard'