What Are the Guitar Riffs For the Last 3 Minutes of Deliverance?

The last 3 minutes is composed of 2 riffs. The first, and cooler one, is simply an E5 power chord played at different rhythms. It sounds like multiple notes because of how he hits the chord. The second part is that little lead melody with a continuously picked E note (2nd fret, D string). It's incredibly simple but sounds really great.

illbeleavinnow said:
I don't play guitar people. Lol. I play piano. :)

So that's probably why I can't figure it out. ;)
Then don't say that tabs are for amateurs. I've been playing guitar for 8 years and I can read music quite well...but with the way that a guitar is set up, tabs are much easier than sheet music.

When I play piano, I choose sheet music...it makes more sense. But tabs are so much better for guitar.

I can agree with the fact that lots of guitar players feel that tabs are for amateurs, and to an extent I agree. I personally prefer figuring things out by ear, but for more complex stuff I will use tabs as a guide. I just think it's lame when a guitarist will use tabs for Green Day songs;p

IntoObscurity said:
I can agree with the fact that lots of guitar players feel that tabs are for amateurs, and to an extent I agree. I personally prefer figuring things out by ear, but for more complex stuff I will use tabs as a guide. I just think it's lame when a guitarist will use tabs for Green Day songs;p
I agree...it's more fun to figure things out.

BUT...when comparing tabs to sheet music, if I'm going to have to look something up that I can't figure out, tabs are clearly easier and more useful.

I much prefer proper music notation over tabs, it's much easier to read, and you get the bonus of having the rhythm indicated :D
And I do think tabs are for amateurs also, but then learning to read music takes a while, and rock music and suchlike is based around improvisation, so an ability to read music is not alot of use to many people. Proper music is so much easier though, when you're good at it.

yourdeadgroom said:
I much prefer proper music notation over tabs, it's much easier to read, and you get the bonus of having the rhythm indicated :D
And I do think tabs are for amateurs also, but then learning to read music takes a while, and rock music and suchlike is based around improvisation, so an ability to read music is not alot of use to many people. Proper music is so much easier though, when you're good at it.

Agreed.