What are the worst things or the things you hate about the Kemper?

Are you trying to get a good sound with headphones or could you still use a whisper quiet amp? I've had passable results putting an MXR 10 band EQ in the loop of my amp to give it a more pleasant tone at low volume. It's the only reason I've kept that pedal actually, I never use it otherwise.

The feel is a little more immediate than impulses but the improvement depends on the latency you get from your computer.

If you can only use headphones I'd probably just stick with the amp/impulses setup and save the cash if you don't need any extra features like the Kemper offers.

Lasse's saying he's never gotten one DI trough multiple amps to work but has gotten one DI through multiple profiles to work fine.

My experience is the same - I regularly later up more than one profile for tones, especially on bass.

Apologies in advance, since my ignorance is definitely the culprit, but I'm still not understanding. Can you run a DI through multiple Kemper rigs in one go, but it doesn't sound good compared to running a DI multiple times through different rigs?

I've never used a Kemper, but my gripes about it are 1) it's a snapshot only of an amp with particular settings, as opposed to a model of an amp, and 2) price.

Well I have been playing with the Kemper this morning, and if I am honest it sounds really good. But compared to running the poweramp output from my Satch JVM into Redwirez... it isn't THAT big of a leap in quality. So I'm sending it back. It's overkill for my needs, as I don't record other bands, and I don't have problems using my JVM in the daytime. So this was really for night time... and I think I can find a cheaper and almost as good solution for that.

What's great about the Kemper is that it sounds so amazingly close to my actual miced setup. I was using my 6505's power amp output using impulses for a while a got very good results too. The problem for me is although it sounds good, the frequency response seems very off. I've never been able to use real world amp eq settings going into impulses. I always had to tweak heavily. There's something about Redwirez impulses that to me is incredibly weak, thin and uncharacteristic of any cab I've used. I know they used a flat response power amp for capturing impulses so I'm sure that has something to do with it. That being said, post processing has given me nice results, but it's still not the sound of my setup. The kemper gives me my sound in true form.

What's great about the Kemper is that it sounds so amazingly close to my actual miced setup. I was using my 6505's power amp output using impulses for a while a got very good results too. The problem for me is although it sounds good, the frequency response seems very off. I've never been able to use real world amp eq settings going into impulses. I always had to tweak heavily. There's something about Redwirez impulses that to me is incredibly weak, thin and uncharacteristic of any cab I've used. I know they used a flat response power amp for capturing impulses so I'm sure that has something to do with it. That being said, post processing has given me nice results, but it's still not the sound of my setup. The kemper gives me my sound in true form.

I did do a profile of my amp + cab and it sounded good. But then I took an impulse of the cab and ran my amp through Recabinet with the impulse loaded. I actually preferred the amp+recabinet and thought it sounded closer.

To be honest it only took me half the day to find out that it was an impulse buy, that I didn't need it, and that I could get just as good and more accurate tones with what I've got. So my experiment is over.

I do think the Kemper is really good still though, I just cannot justify owning it.:loco: