What are the worst things or the things you hate about the Kemper?

drew_drummer

Dancefap
Sep 7, 2008
London, UK
Hey guys,

What are the worst things/things you hate about the Kemper? This could be anything really... the time between patch changes, the ergonomics, the sound etc... etc...

Really just looking to compile a list of peeves, dislikes, rants, and "things I didn't know about before I bought it" aspects.

Not meant to be a bash thread, but just informational; to help people (namely, moi) decide whether to buy one or not.

It's the best digital box I use but a luxury problem for me is that the amount of great profiles are growing and choosing what profiles to use can be hard. The kemper's new profiling technology is very clever and it's finally a digital box that can deliver amp sound and feel to my liking.
A library system could be useful when handling many profiles and I think they are working on that.

Worst thing I can think about is it might actually be seriously bad for the health of Fractal's Cliff Chase.
The way he's frequently trash talked the kemper and made up lies about it trying to get users not to buy it are not healthy signs.
I've never seen a company CEO behaving that aggressively and without business ethics before and fractal should have consulted some professional PR instead.

I hate how I can't think about doing anything else, and how this thing they call work gets in the way.

I hate how I can't think about doing anything else, and how this thing they call work gets in the way.

Agree 100%. In addition to that I can't stand all the fucking cork sniffing that goes on about it, like "I mean, it sounds pretty good and all, but it would only be usable if I could put in that missing 0.7849 db that's missing at 100HZ without having to insert an EQ.

Agree 100%. In addition to that I can't stand all the fucking cork sniffing that goes on about it, like "I mean, it sounds pretty good and all, but it would only be usable if I could put in that missing 0.7849 db that's missing at 100HZ without having to insert an EQ.

"OH THE HUMANITY! I HAVE TO INSERT AN EQ AND BOOST .00038 DB FOR MY LOW END TO BE RIGHT EVEN THOUGH ITS GOING TO BE HIGH PASSED ANYWAYS! WAHHH!!!!" Hit the nail on the head bro.... My professional that have been done by Audiohammer, as well as a few that "may" have been done at sneaps studio do not have that problem at all, I can tell you that

I hate that there's no kemper vst and I don't think it'll happen, at least anytime soon.

On a serious note, I really wish they would implement a way to play profiles from the USB, without having to put them on your kemper first. That way, you could delete all profiles, put them all on your USB from your computer, and pull what you like from the USB as you play... Would make things easier in my opinion.

If I had some plugin or standalone software to managenamesort my profiles, the world would be a better place. Using the 1 knob method to name everything sucks ass.

If you have many profiles to rename I think the old copy and paste text method could be worth trying.
Here are links to two helpful softwares you can use now found on the kemper forum.
Kemper profile renamer software. http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=9306&pageNo=1
Kemper editor software. http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=9414&pageNo=1

kemper profiler renamer walkthrough video.

kemper profiler editor walkthrough video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree: Too many great profiles makes it hard to keep the rig count down!

Oh, and no sub folders in the KPA for rig management - end up having to create a naming system to group similar types together (I use a special character in pos 1).

On a serious note, I really wish they would implement a way to play profiles from the USB, without having to put them on your kemper first. That way, you could delete all profiles, put them all on your USB from your computer, and pull what you like from the USB as you play... Would make things easier in my opinion.

You could import , favorite which ones you like and then 'delete all but favorites'

I delete straight away if I don't like a profile to get rid of the clutter.
you don't have to wait for prompts to delete either if you want to do it quicker just keep firing back and forth with the buttons

I put a prefix in front of my profiles like B: for bass etc etc....eventually I'll move them over to performance mode and groupd them that way

I can't really of anything I dislike except for the naming of profiles (a better rig management via usb would be great) ...I was one miserable bastard with dealing with all the FW changes on the axe-fx II wrecking patches all the time

I hate it because it steals to much sleep from me. Can't go to bed even though I'm tired and only have a couple of hours before I have to go to work.

Yes, I would really love if they made an official software to manage and edit the profiles through USB. I hate saving/renaming/deleting/etc presets through the kemper and I hate having to use a usb flash drive each time I want to import a profile. Some kind of subfolders would be great too.

My 'worst thing' was trying to get a hold of one. I intended to be one of the early adopters and populate their available profiles with the select few 'golden' amps I know of here, recorded in a real studio facility. But they cut contact at a point and I wasn't able to get them back on the line to make this a reality, so I moved on and never used the unit.

Should have some quick way of storing snapshots with different settings. It has snapshots, but you have to fiddle with the menu to get there and recall them. Would be so much better if snapshots were directly related to the original profile and could be browsed with another knob. (Like having a subfolder of snapshots in each profile)