What are you doing right nao?

Just got results from my MRI-scan that I have one really degenreated disc with a small hernia and another disc with small degeneration. Feels like my athletic life is FUCKED! :(

Any guesses what activity/behavior caused it?

giphy.gif

A degenerated disc cant be fixed, thats why Im fucked. What I can do is rehab and working out to try and strengthen the muscles around my spine to stabalize and relieve the pain. If the pain gets worse and and it starts fucking with my nerves then the only option is surgery and to fuse the two vertebrae together. :(

So Im keeping my fingers crossed that my painkillers and physiotherpist can get me back on track to avoid surgery.

I dunno, Internet says its a "major surgery" that doesnt sound very good, but it looks like it doesnt affeect movement that much.

"•A one-level fusion at the L5-S1 segment and is the most common form of fusion, as the L5-S1 segment is the most likely level to break down for degenerative disc disease. A fusion at this level of the spine does not significantly change the mechanics in the back."

Just got results from my MRI-scan that I have one really degenreated disc with a small hernia and another disc with small degeneration. Feels like my athletic life is FUCKED! :(

Man that sucks! :(

Only one option remains for you now. Come to the next Desolator show and headbang until your spine finally gives up and you have to live the rest of your life in a wheelchair! :D

I dunno, Internet says its a "major surgery" that doesnt sound very good, but it looks like it doesnt affeect movement that much.

"•A one-level fusion at the L5-S1 segment and is the most common form of fusion, as the L5-S1 segment is the most likely level to break down for degenerative disc disease. A fusion at this level of the spine does not significantly change the mechanics in the back."

I see. If you get all your movements etc. back, then I suppose that's the way to go if you wanted to do that athletic stuff :p

A close friend of my family had the same problem and went through with the same surgery. It seems to have relieved her pain and restored most of her mobility, and she is quite a bit older than you so I would say if it gets to that point to stay optimistic. No one likes the idea of surgery but after you're back on your feet it's worth it.

Man that sucks! :(

Only one option remains for you now. Come to the next Desolator show and headbang until your spine finally gives up and you have to live the rest of your life in a wheelchair! :D

:tickled: :kickass:

A close friend of my family had the same problem and went through with the same surgery. It seems to have relieved her pain and restored most of her mobility, and she is quite a bit older than you so I would say if it gets to that point to stay optimistic. No one likes the idea of surgery but after you're back on your feet it's worth it.

Yeah I have read some success-stories so its not the end of the world, but the doctors said avoid it as long as possible, and I will, it just sucks living with pain and not being able to work, do sports and lift weights properly anymore for long while.