What are you G.A.S.ing for right now?

Zoom R24 digital multi-track recorder, doubles as a daw hardware controller via usb :headbang:
51wlZ%2BP%2B9IL.jpg

I'm GASing for one of the new Roland Octa-Capture units not as a standalone interface but as an additional 10 inputs to my V-Studio 100. It adds 8 more VS Preamps to the ones in my V-Studio and can be chained to another unit to add an additional 8 - all using Rolands new VS Streaming Drivers which they also just released for my V-Studio with the most recent firmware update.

I already have this (my V-Studio 100):

vstudio100.jpg

Now I want this to add some additional preamps:

00088449.jpg

GAS!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
HP xw8400 workstation for my transition rig.

For those who don't understand why I want something like this, you need to know this shit is the only Avid/Digi approved pc for run PTHD.

So with this shit I can build an used HD3 for less than 3K.:D

HP xw8400 workstation for my transition rig.

For those who don't understand why I want something like this, you need to know this shit is the only Avid/Digi approved pc for run PTHD.

So with this shit I can build an used HD3 for less than 3K.:D

You donr "Have" to use an approved system, there are plenty of proven working self build configurations if you look in the windows HD section of the Avid/Digi DUC forum which would be cheaper and more powerful,

Or if you dont want to self build theres always this:

http://rainrecording.co.uk/software/avid/

Approved just means they have personally tested it in their workshop and the latest PT build has passed their tests ok.

Ive designed and built systems in a previous job as an R&D Engineer and had them approved by Digidesign, it doesnt mean an awful lot, except in marketing blurb.
You wont get any extra help from avid support by having an approved PC.
if you are capabale of building and configuring your own machine,

I would only go the HP or IBM route if you have no idea how to build and config a PC.