What are you into these days?

Monroe said:
I'm feeling blue at present so I'm turning on "Classica" (Novembre) and "Tears of Mortal Solitude" (Forest Stream)

you should hear Nortt - Graven and Thergothon - Streams from the Heavens

Turbonegro - Darkness Forever! :headbang:
Camel - Camel
King Crimson - In the court of the crimson king
(my first time with Camel & King Crimson :oops: )
Fear Factory - ALL :hotjump: !!!
Moonspell - IrreligiouS - right now... :saint:
and I've also preparred the previous Wolfheart and Sin/Pecado
... I just wanted to hear some warm :devil: & mediterranean vocals by Fernando tonight and some memorable songs of these last 10 years or so!

Wildhoney said:
Turbonegro - Darkness Forever! :headbang:
Camel - Camel
King Crimson - In the court of the crimson king
(my first time with Camel & King Crimson :oops: )
Fear Factory - ALL :hotjump: !!!
Moonspell - IrreligiouS - right now... :saint:
and I've also preparred the previous Wolfheart and Sin/Pecado
... I just wanted to hear some warm :devil: & mediterranean vocals by Fernando tonight and some memorable songs of these last 10 years or so!

This week I've been listening to:)

-Klimt 1918: Dopoguerra
-Anekdoten:Vemod (Prog rock in the vein of king crimson)
-Yngwie Malmsteen:Rising force
-Fleshcrawl:Crawling in flesh (Compilation of their Black Mark years)
-Opeth:My arms your hearse

Winter Lights said:
Thergothon - Stream from the Heavens

an ex of mine gave me this cd at our very first date:zombie:, i haven't listened to that cd in ages, maybe it's time to give it a listen again!!

folks, I can't find this song (Streams from the Heavens) online... Could anyone show me the link? if it exists, of course... Thanks in advance!

Monroe said:
folks, I can't find this song (Stream from the Heavens) online... Could anyone show me the link? if it exists, of course... Thanks in advance!

it's not a song, it's an album...

cheers to your ex, he/she is fucking cool!

hail wine!
hail thergothon!
hail sadness
hail italy!

I found two songs of this ALBUM :) That's what I like, what I feel now. It's a pity I can't buy the whole album.

Winter Lights said:
cheers to your ex, he/she is fucking cool!

let's limit it to "he's got cool taste in music" .

Monroe said:
I found two songs of this ALBUM :) That's what I like, what I feel now. It's a pity I can't buy the whole album.

actually, you can, if you want it so bad.
here you go:
http://www.sound-cave.com
i think it's pretty cheap as well. there are other mailorders/web shops where you can find it however... not sure if it's the first pressing (i doubt so) but i guess it's not of vital importance.

my playlist consist atm:
all Agalloch, Novembre and Opeth which are always there
Kekal - 1000 Thoughts of Violence ...interesting indonesian black metal
Bloodbath - Resurrection Through Carnage ...everything rules with Åkerfeldt
Kalmah - The Black Waltz ...always room for new finnish metal album

Second life Syndrome is a great album. I almost didnt give these guys a chance because theres this city named Riverside, not so far from here, which isnt such a nice place. Negative connotations and all that. Great discovery though, this album!

Anyone heard of the band Daylight Dies? They're this melodic death/doom metal band and there new album "Dismantling Devotion" is worth checking out!

and this is my first post so uh, hello all! I'm a big time Novembre fan, so I may be stopping by from time to time

Welcome to the forum Haphapablap & recordable.

Is dismantling out yet? I am looking forward to hear it, it was very promising from the 1min sample without vocals but I am very tired of the characteristic sound of Jens Bogren (their producer)

Curious, what is it with riverside (the city) that's so bad making you ignore that very elegant piece of music?

I'm not ignoring them anymore, I swear! But besides the city they share a name with, I also had a feeling they were like so many other prog metal band, like Dream Theatre, Pain of Salvation, and all those types. Pretty damn good music, but at times a little overindulgent I think. I prefer finely crafted, fine tuned songs. Plus I thought maybe like so many metal bands I've heard (so many more I havent heard, I'm sure) they would be fronted by a vocalist who cannot sing.

About the city.......... lets just say its not a very elegant place. No majesty. No soul. After visiting you want to go home and take a shower. And sleep. A looong time. The air is so thick with smog you pretty much have to chew it before you can breathe it. Ha, well, thats deffinetly an exaggeration, but it is bad.

I try not to form preconceptions........

But yea Dismantling came out a few days ago I believe, and two of the tracks can be streamed from their website. Pretty slick website too