What are you into these days?

WORN_CARILLON said:
The full length is out now, I'm offering a promotional price for the new album and that mini-cd together, 16 euro postage included (priority mail) for Italy and Europe. Otherwise, the first mini-cd is 6 euro postage included and the new album is 12 plus postage (it should be 14 so)
Payment for non-italian customers is through paypal, anyway maybe you could find some other interesting things to save more postage costs :) Let me know :wave:

Chaoswave full legth available now?! yeah!! :hotjump: just what i was waiting for... I guess we are going to do business again! :cool:

Last week I found couple of new bands that are great. Hevein is like a mixture between Soilwork and Apocalyptica, http://www.hevein.com/ Apocalyptica's ex-cellist Max lilja plays in this one.
Sólstafir comes from Iceland playing some sort of black metal. I think they've got a bit same kind of thing like with negura Bunget. Maybe.
Then I also got into Source of tide and Dark suns but I guess you already know them ^^

I heard Solstafir last summer, I didn't give them much importance, but they're nice mix of Burzum ( :yuk: ) and the new trends of so called "sludge", from what I remember. They also were quite extravagant/avantgarde, but they weren't solid enough from the couple songs I heard of theirs.

Nostalgiaplatz said:
I heard Solstafir last summer, I didn't give them much importance, but they're nice mix of Burzum ( :yuk: ) and the new trends of so called "sludge", from what I remember. They also were quite extravagant/avantgarde, but they weren't solid enough from the couple songs I heard of theirs.

Do you mean, the icelandic Solstafir? I listened to them yesterday and got disappointed with the vocals... According to a description that i read they are kind of viking progressive black metal. So I expected sth more like Solefald or Borknagar. But the vocals seem to me, kind of hardcore :guh:

Yes, it was recommended by a girl from russia I met here on ultimatemetal, she also is into burzum, I didn't like it much either, but I didn't try to hear it furthermore :)

Daniel, as soon as you read this, come back to me on msn, I want to order the 2 CDs

Gotta a lot of stuff to hear in these days...
Have received the following cds for Xmas from a friend of mine:
CULT - Ceremony
NEGATIVE - Sweet and deceitful
PLACEBO - first album
PRIVATE LINE - 21st century pirates I LOVE THIS FINNISH ACT :kickass:
SILVER - don't remember the title album
SUEDE - don't remember the title album
UNIKLUBI - don't remember the title album, even bcs is in Finnish hehehe

and have bought the following while I was in Rome:
BLONDE REDHEAD - Misery is a butterfly - this is beautiful!
COLDPLAY - Parachutes
RADIOHEAD - Ok computer
RED HOUSE PAINTERS - Ocean beach
THE GATHERING - Mandylion/special deluxe edition

as well as 4 different records from Sigur Ros - tks Federico!

So, I think I'll go crazy soon :loco: with all this stuff, but it's cool listening to all such different styles.

P.S. I also wanted to buy a cd from a band named COLD, I don't remember if we discussed abt them here or on the Italian forum. Anyway, does anyone of you out there know them? Kind of a mix between nu and black metal as the sticker on the cover mentioned?

WORN_CARILLON said:
You are a dream theater fan :D

Following this "endless thread" I've listening to:

-The Gathering:Sleepy buildings.
-Dismember:Massive killing capacity.
-Katatonia:Tonight's decision.
-Dark Angel:Time does not heal :headbang:
-Dissection:Storm of the light's bane.
-Dark Tranquillity:The Gallery.
-Edguy:Mandrake
-Room with a view:First year departure (Thanks again Stasera!)

Also let me suggest some links :Spin:

www.youtube.com (You can see some videos online here,I found a live clip of dissection for example.)
www.warbreed.com.ar (A melodic death metal band from Argentina you can download their promo here)

Thanks

You're welcome. :)

Hey Oscar, btw, I have gone crazy with your "paisanos" Elfonía. Marcela Bovio is an excellent singer, I haven't listened such a talented female artist since The Gathering and the 3rd and The Mortal. I have realized that she also features in Arjen Lucassen's Stream Of Passion :worship: .. Cannot longer wait to have their upcoming album!! I have just seen the videoclip for "Passion" and it really rocks!

Another item to add to my playlist:

En Declin - Trama. :)

Stasera Piovon Gocce... said:
You're welcome. :)

Hey Oscar, btw, I have gone crazy with your "paisanos" Elfonía. Marcela Bovio is an excellent singer, I haven't listened such a talented female artist since The Gathering and the 3rd and The Mortal. I have realized that she also features in Arjen Lucassen's Stream Of Passion :worship: .. Cannot longer wait to have their upcoming album!! I have just seen the videoclip for "Passion" and it really rocks!

Another item to add to my playlist:

En Declin - Trama. :)
Yes she's very talented,I own their 1st cd and sounds good but I hope the next to be a little heavier,I've heard a song of stream of passion and I like it :)