What are you into these days?

I've been listening to this album A LOT. I would strongly recommend it to all the Novembre fans out there, as I feel they have some common qualities that is very appealing.

solo2.jpg

P.S Ignore my dodgy photo editing skilz

Jaga Jazzist - What We Must/A Livingroom Hush (Awesome jazz, dnb, triphop, electro band!)
Charcoal - Flowers in the Cement (Words for what)
Before the Rain - One Day Less (Pre-Production)

For all of you My Dying Bride/(Early) Katatonia fans, I would like to recommend you this portuguese band of some friends of mine - Before The Rain.

Songs from their demo "...And with the day dying light":

01 - Be Mine
02 - You...My Ruin
03 - The Swansong

They're currently recording their debut album called "One Day Less", if you like them and happen to know any serious label out there, let them know about this promising band (my opinion, of course!).

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/beforetheraindoom

Cheers

i still dont know what to think about agalloch's new album... it's a really good album but i don't know if the feeling of the songs are what i expected from them... it's a lot warmer than the older releases :)

ill buy it anyway and im sure it will grow more on me (there are some very nice songs on it)

these days i'm into the new novembre album (of course) and then

-alcest - souvenirs d'un autre monde (amesoeurs, mortifera and peste noire)
-the morningside - The Wind, the Trees and the Shadows of the Past (katatonia and agalloch fans should listen to this... maybe the best release of the year)
-wolves in the throne room - two hunters

The blue is obviously the album i'm listening more these days, but i'm also enjoying The debut albums by The Foreshadowing and The Sun of Weakness (other 2 great bands from Rome),random songs by Paradise Lost and Insomnium.

omg from now on ill listen to the foreshadowing album non stop. Simply amazing. Must buy it when it comes out.

I also like The Foreshadowing's debut album a lot and I've been playing it since January 2007, he, he, he!
Even Alcest is great.
I wanna listen to The Sun of Weakness and Oblivio (of these last ones, I've heard just a few songs).
But I think that my absolute fave 'new' band from December 2006 is MAGENTA SKYCODE, the album is entitled 'IIIII'. The band is guided by the former vocalist from THIS EMPTY FLOW, another killer band. Check 'em out!

I'm listening to Whitechapel, Blood Red Throne and Animosity a lot... need brutal music in this period, fuck melody! :lol:

Nah, of course I listen to mellow stuff as well... obviously the new Novembre, but also The Foreshadowing, Alcest, Long Distance Calling and Hopesfall.

I've had lately a giant post-rock and metal era,
including:

Mogwai - Mr. Beast and Happy Songs For Happy People
Red Sparowes - discography
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - discography
Sigur Rós - discography
Magyar Posse - discography
Kaada - Music For Moviebikers
Isis - Panopticon and Oceanic
Cult of Luna - discography
A Silver Mt Zion - He Has Left Us Alone But...
Explosions In The Sky - discography
and of course:
Novembre - The Blue
and not to forget:
Ulver - Shadows Of The Sun