What are you listening to?

Orphaned Land - 'Mabool - The story of the Three Sons of Seven'

And what a gig they gave last night! :)

Indeed! Pity the sound problems they had though. But they came through. Anyway, the venue had horrible sound....i hope i don't have to go there so soon for another gig.

What about the 2 opening bands? Bit boring IMO.

Indeed! Pity the sound problems they had though. But they came through. Anyway, the venue had horrible sound....i hope i don't have to go there so soon for another gig.

What about the 2 opening bands? Bit boring IMO.

The overall sound wasn't all that bad, at least that's the feeling I got, although the acoustic fell short of quality. I was at front all the time, in the middle, facing the bassist, so I might have gotten the wrong idea.

I noticed the PC was working ok, they were just having problems with the output/mixture. Anyway Orphaned Land were really energetic to say the least and flawless, specially when it came to interact with the audience. I felt like dancing there but it would be oh so inappropriate. :p

About the support bands well... Thee Orakle is not my cup of tea at all and you could tell they weren't at ease; ThanatoSchizO have been away from the stage for quite some time now and from what the singer said they have been having some troubles with the Portuguese record industry lately, so I guess they were feeling a bit of extra pressure and anxiety there. Gonna see them next Saturday, since they're openning for Samael.

I was talking to ThanatoSchizO's guitarrist earlier today and it turns out both them and Thee Orakle didn't get to do soundcheck, which explains why every single band on stage was signalling they guy at the mixing desk or whatever you call it.

I have some pics and a short video I'm gonna upload, I'll let you know when I do. ;)

Tomorrows Eve - Mirror Of Creation 2

cracking album, much better and heavier than the first

A really great band! I found out about them the first time on perfectprog.com radio's station. I also quite like the song success from their first album 'The Unexpected World'

There are quite a few song samples you can listen to on their website www.tomorrows-eve.de

Right now listening to Rules Of Time - EMPTY TREMOR from perfectprog.com radio

The overall sound wasn't all that bad, at least that's the feeling I got, although the acoustic fell short of quality. I was at front all the time, in the middle, facing the bassist, so I might have gotten the wrong idea.

I noticed the PC was working ok, they were just having problems with the output/mixture. Anyway Orphaned Land were really energetic to say the least and flawless, specially when it came to interact with the audience. I felt like dancing there but it would be oh so inappropriate. :p

About the support bands well... Thee Orakle is not my cup of tea at all and you could tell they weren't at ease; ThanatoSchizO have been away from the stage for quite some time now and from what the singer said they have been having some troubles with the Portuguese record industry lately, so I guess they were feeling a bit of extra pressure and anxiety there. Gonna see them next Saturday, since they're openning for Samael.

I was talking to ThanatoSchizO's guitarrist earlier today and it turns out both them and Thee Orakle didn't get to do soundcheck, which explains why every single band on stage was signalling they guy at the mixing desk or whatever you call it.

I have some pics and a short video I'm gonna upload, I'll let you know when I do. ;)
Oh, i see. That explains it. When i saw Thanathoschizo a year ago i remember to like'em a bit more. Friday i didn't like them at all. Anyway, neither bands make my day.

As for O.L. they were damn good. I still think the sound was awful, but it got better along the way, but still.... anyway they gave a great show and stayed behind later for autographs and photos and a small chat. Here's two videos:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/orphaned-land/318291-orphaned-land-live-lisbon.html

Oh, i see. That explains it. When i saw Thanathoschizo a year ago i remember to like'em a bit more. Friday i didn't like them at all. Anyway, neither bands make my day.

As for O.L. they were damn good. I still think the sound was awful, but it got better along the way, but still.... anyway they gave a great show and stayed behind later for autographs and photos and a small chat. Here's two videos:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/orphaned-land/318291-orphaned-land-live-lisbon.html

Neither bands make my day either, btw. And you didn't spot anyone wearing a Threshold shirt, did you?

Hmmm I had the clear feeling OL would stay behind for a while but I couldn't. :cry: My cousin was bugging me to leave. Kids! :Smug:

I checked out that link already and replied. ;) Thanks for the videos and link. :Spin:

Here are some pics... blurry, but still: http://flickr.com/photos/mgaiveo/sets/72157600727541898/.

Oh and listening to Gordian Knot - 'Gordian Knot'

Thanks! The pics look amazing! Better than mine at least! lol Damn cell phone.

A friend of mine told me there was a girl with a Threshold Tee, but i never spotted her....pretty sure it was you! :)

NP: DIO - Holy Diver

Thanks! The pics look amazing! Better than mine at least! lol Damn cell phone.

A friend of mine told me there was a girl with a Threshold Tee, but i never spotted her....pretty sure it was you! :)

NP: DIO - Holy Diver

Thank you! :) My camera was just acting dumb that night. :\ Couldn't get the damn lighting right! (The cam, not me... lol) And I decided not take advantage of its powerfull flash, out of respect for the band, cause I didn't want to blind them. Used it twice, just.
I didn't spot anyone else there with a Threshold shirt so it must have been me indeed, advertising. :)

Threshold - 'Wounded Land'

Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Yeah, i tried to check the people leaving after the gig had ended, but i saw no one.

I had to leave right after the gig was over 'cause my cousin kept bugging me to go home! :( I couldn't have recognized you anyway... ;)

Been checking out some Orphaned Land videos on youtube/listening to them. Here's the one I shot. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHBx5pBUek

Such poor lighting huh? :(

Constant Motion - Dream Theater

This album is a grower apparently!

Yeah, i saw it over at the O.L. forum. It's very good. The lighting was poor, specially the right side of the stage. But still, pretty good video. I stayed an hour more. Mainly because some of my friends wanted to sign stuff and take pictures. Which eventually they managed to get. The O.L. guys were extra nice. I'll try to find those pics. I'm not on them though. I was too tired after the gig. i stood in the back and seated!lol

Dream Theater - "Systematic Chaos"

It's first DT album I like from "Change of Seasons" (1995).

I think Dream Theater recorded such good album because they don't want to lose in the battle against Threshold with their brilliant "Dead Reckoning".
:heh: :heh: :heh: