What are you listening to?

I'm going on Sunday 22nd...but I got his latest CD Sound Theories Vol I & II...the man is a genius! The first CD contains songs where Vai plays with an orchestra and the second CD is the orchestra performing Vai original score!!! Absolutely brilliant stuff especially when you read the liner notes and find out how the whole beast was but together. Let me tell you that the sound on those CDs is HUGE! When I first put the CD on, I had to turn around and look at my CD player to make sure that Vai & Co were not playing behind me!

Vai's compositions sound more like movie soundtracks than say Malmsteen's symphonies. A DVD documenting the whole thing is coming out in August...can I say I'm excited!

I'm going on Sunday 22nd...but I got his latest CD Sound Theories Vol I & II...the man is a genius! The first CD contains songs where Vai plays with an orchestra and the second CD is the orchestra performing Vai original score!!! Absolutely brilliant stuff especially when you read the liner notes and find out how the whole beast was but together. Let me tell you that the sound on those CDs is HUGE! When I first put the CD on, I had to turn around and look at my CD player to make sure that Vai & Co were not playing behind me!

Vai's compositions sound more like movie soundtracks than say Malmsteen's symphonies. A DVD documenting the whole thing is coming out in August...can I say I'm excited!

Ah sorry, I thought it was on Sunday 15th. Haven't listened to 'Sound Theories' yet, but must after that awesome show! Thanks for all the info and hope you have fun at the gig. :)

feckin' Aerosmit hin some local radio. *sigh*

*reaches for mp3 player*

LOL RFM?! (local radio station) And you're reaching out for the mp3 player to listen to... Bon Jovi, right!? :heh:

Katatonia - 'Viva Emptiness'

LOL

Close: Radio Comercial.

Naaah! Listening to Maiden's "Brave New World"

"Out of the silent planet" righ now!

RFM, Rádio Comercial... all the same!

Listening to Maiden, huh? Copycat!

Still 'A Real Dead One', 'Running Free' on right now. I think I'll need some 'A Read Live One' afterwards. :headbang:

:lol:

I listen to quite a LOT of Maiden. :)

Anyway, now: Mission Profile - THRESHOLD, from the amazing live album "Surface to Stage", which i ordered a few days ago and just received. I love it.

:lol:

I listen to quite a LOT of Maiden. :)

Anyway, now: Mission Profile - THRESHOLD, from the amazing live album "Surface to Stage", which i ordered a few days ago and just received. I love it.

I believe you... lol I should listen a bit more, but still they're a huge part of my music collection!

Have you gotten 'Concert in Paris' already? If you haven't, you must!

Sanity's End - THRESHOLD

From the classic Wounded Land. One of my favourite albums of all times.

I have to admit I prefer Glynn's version on Livedelica and Mac's version on Critical Energy (note that there's NO overdubs on that song - I was astonished when he sung it so great thus being the last song of the show). Do you still love me, FG ? :D