What are you listening to?

Hiromi Uehara - Time Difference

BTW (what I'm about to say doesn't have anything to do with this topic but I have this question on my mind so I'll just ask)
I'd like to know if there is other people here who thinks that Maiden and Ozzy songs are really not that great ? Those old school bands just don't do it for me dunno. I know they are pionneers but anyways....it's probably because the first metal song I've heard in my life was Mask of Sanity when I was 15 so I think that set my standards a bit high for the likes of Maiden and Ozzy.

yeah man, I agree with you. like back then, i guess iron maiden and ozzy were what kids with good taste had to look forward to. but these days we have much more technical music and with better melodies and shit, so I think we do have higher standards. altho you gotta admit that those bands back then had some classic songs that will always be remembered. not to mention, they influenced a lot of the musicians we admire now.

Hiromi Uehara - Time Difference

BTW (what I'm about to say doesn't have anything to do with this topic but I have this question on my mind so I'll just ask)
I'd like to know if there is other people here who thinks that Maiden and Ozzy songs are really not that great ? Those old school bands just don't do it for me dunno. I know they are pionneers but anyways....it's probably because the first metal song I've heard in my life was Mask of Sanity when I was 15 so I think that set my standards a bit high for the likes of Maiden and Ozzy.

Whoa, you're a complete retard.

Enjoy your Children Of AIDS.

+fuckingone, also, you said MoS was your first metal song? STOP BEING FUCKING 13! When you grow the fuck up you'll realize how goddamn stupid what you just said was :lol: Till then I will just lawl at you.

yeah man, I agree with you. like back then, i guess iron maiden and ozzy were what kids with good taste had to look forward to. but these days we have much more technical music and with better melodies and shit, so I think we do have higher standards. altho you gotta admit that those bands back then had some classic songs that will always be remembered. not to mention, they influenced a lot of the musicians we admire now.

:lol: You don't even listen to metal, you love a few metal bands and snub your nose at the rest, from what you've told me. Bands like Iron Maiden will be better than Bodom 1-10-100 years from now. Even the band members themselves would admit it, I'm a fucking Bodom fanatic since '02-'03 and I admit it. To say that you grew up with better standards, well :lol: If anything the opposite it true :lol:

Inner Sanctum- Behemoth. The fact that Leszek Mozdzer(Polish jazz pianist) plays on the track outweighs the coolness of Warrel Dane on vocals.

Crystal Mountain- Death.

I just noticed... if any of you are interested and have the recording- listen to :59-1:04. Is it me or... does that riff seem like a predecessor to Downfall???

+fuckingone, also, you said MoS was your first metal song? STOP BEING FUCKING 13! When you grow the fuck up you'll realize how goddamn stupid what you just said was :lol: Till then I will just lawl at you.

:lol: You don't even listen to metal, you love a few metal bands and snub your nose at the rest, from what you've told me. Bands like Iron Maiden will be better than Bodom 1-10-100 years from now. Even the band members themselves would admit it, I'm a fucking Bodom fanatic since '02-'03 and I admit it. To say that you grew up with better standards, well :lol: If anything the opposite it true :lol:

What's with being 13 ? Yes it's been the first metal song I heard .....so what ? a friend send it to me on msn and didn't have a clue what this band was. I know what my tastes are btw.....musically I know I'm mature. Of course Maiden and Ozzy have some classics songs but, overall, there isn't much songs that attract me the way other bands (CoB, Angra, Ayreon, Hiromi, Michel Camilo and many more) do. I just don't get why they are so ``epic`` like some of you woud say. Of course, 30 years ago, they got popular cuz they were among the first to explore this kind of music. I'm not saying they don't deserve what they got. It's just that I don't see anything really MIND-BLOWING in it. Maybe in 30 years people will say exactly the same about CoB, Necrophagist, Wintersun , name it. That's just how music is. It gets old when new music with a new sound and new techniques comes around.

BUT....saying that I'm a retard is pretty retarded. That's a fucking opinion and I have perfectly the right to ask that question, wich, btw wasn't meant to do any harm or to create fuck with anyone. Thx for reading.

exactly why I DO have high standards, you dumbshit :lol:! or maybe it's not high standards, but it's just me being picky. it's true I don't listen to A LOT of metal bands. most of them have something annoying about them or are just boring to be frank. But metal is indeed my favorite genre. and I act this way with ALL genres. I love punk rock too, as i've told you before, but it doesn't mean I listen to a gazillion punkrock bands.

Joe, just cuz you're a music-whore and you listen to countless metal bands, doesn't make you the authority of who truly likes what. my favorite composers belong in the metal genre so don't tell me I don't really listen to metal :rolleyes: