what are you reading?

^Don't bother. It's overly long!

He's wrote better stuff.

NR - Get Rommell by Michael Asher and The Buckminster Fuller Reader.

Mist - Stephen King

I have yet to see the movie adaptation, but I read somewhere that Stephen King felt the movie had a better ending than the book. That made me curious as to the book's ending. Hence, my current choice....

Was reading 'Enemy At The Gates: The Battle for Stalingrad', but can't seem to locate my copy, so I've started 'Watership Down' instead.

Last read 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?', and loved it.

Was reading 'Enemy At The Gates: The Battle for Stalingrad', but can't seem to locate my copy, so I've started 'Watership Down' instead.

Last read 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?', and loved it.

How closely is Blade Runner related to that book? I absolutely love the movie and have debated about whether or not to read that book. I know the movie is not a direct adaptation of the book, but how does it relate. What's your take?

Edit: Fuck it! I will just add it to my ever-growing stack of books to read.

My compatriot may have a different view but I'd argue that the sentiments are at least similar.

Scott, naturally, has a different emphasis, but the books is brilliant. The ideas explored are absolutely beautiful. One of the interesting things about Dick is that he explores such vivid notions, that, with Scott's skill, can be stunningly transferred into film.

How closely is Blade Runner related to that book? I absolutely love the movie and have debated about whether or not to read that book. I know the movie is not a direct adaptation of the book, but how does it relate. What's your take?

Edit: Fuck it! I will just add it to my ever-growing stack of books to read.

The ideas explored are absolutely beautiful.

Yeah, I agree. The ethical implications behind genetic engineering, humanoid robots and related areas are so vast and intricate yet Dick can convey them thoroughly in simple rhetoric.

But I've not seen the film for years (despite buying it recently - it's among a few others I've yet to watch), so my opinion's for naught, I'm afraid.

so I've started 'Watership Down' instead.
I've had that book copy for years and never read it.. still in my closet... i will get to it one of these days.. .anyways I did see the cartoon movie based on the book and that kicked ass... saw it when i was a kid... after you finish the book go see the movie...

just picked up:
Machiavelli - Discourses

Going to start reading tommorow.
I have that and of course The Prince... my nickname on another board is Machiavelli ironically enough lol i love that name... guy was a pure genuis in his political thought... but anyways I'm currently reading :

Perfume - The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind

James McPherson's Ordeal by Fire: The Civil War and Reconstruction.

It's for my college history class, but it is still an excellent book. I won't be selling back this book.

James McPherson's Ordeal by Fire: The Civil War and Reconstruction.

It's for my college history class, but it is still an excellent book. I won't be selling back this book.

McPherson is pretty good. The Civil War is a difficult thing to study, I think, because so much of the literature is absolutely terrible.

I have that and of course The Prince... my nickname on another board is Machiavelli ironically enough lol i love that name... guy was a pure genuis in his political thought... but anyways I'm currently reading

Insomuch as it can all be simmered down to inter-Kingdom dislikes of Italy during the period. Interesting, but perhaps short of genius.