What Band Do You Think Should Retire?

Metallica can never recover the sound they had before the Black Album. I think once Cliff died the heavy part of Metallica died. I don't even want to hear their new effort because I know it will be dissapointing and will just flat out suck. At least Megadeth broke up...even though it was because of Dave's injury....but still Megadeth was getting lame as well.

Let me add Rush to the list of bands that should retire as well. THey just can't capture the magic they once had.

I think, if Metallica wanted to recover the old Sound, they can do it, but I think they won´t do that anymore.
hm about Megadeth, I heard some roumors that Dave has written some riffs for a new Album, and these riffs sound like "So far so good so what" then there was his injury.

Hm Limp Bizkit should quit the Music Buisness because they suck.

Ozzy, I really like his stuff but I think he´s destroying the Legend. Once he was teh Madman now he´s something like Homer Simpson

Nowadays, Metallica becoming more heavy will equal detuning their guitars and writing songs for the Ozzfest crowd. It's sad, but true. (Pun intended hehe)

I´m a Kiss believer ! But I would really appreciate if they would release a new album with new songs instead of the 148th best of (including the crap alive III). Anyway, Kiss was never a band that called themselves great musicians, and they certainly aren´t. They are just a fun band and they are doing that well, even Ace where one get´s the feeling he will break down every minute during a concert, and he is probably one of the worst guitar players among the top bands in the world ... but who cares ?

Agreed with Aerosmith, it´s time to retire for them.

Metallica also really lost lots of their spirit, Master of Puppets was the last Metallica hammer.

I heard WASP and Dio released good new albums, would be fun if they are back.

The reasons I think Kiss should quit are:

a) They have some new dude dressing as Ace now, and Eric is dressed as Peter. That is just stupid. I love Eric, he should be himself
b) Psycho Circus is the worst Kiss album I reckon
c) They're just proving all their critics right now about them being a gimmick and money making machine.

Don't get me wrong, Kiss is my favourite band ever. But to me, the best Kiss was the early years when they were young, uncorrupted by the industry, and about music.... and of course the great non-makeup years where they had good musicians and actually released consistent, strong studio albums such as Revenge, Asylum, Lick It Up, Crazy Nights, Hot In The Shade, etc.

Paul has said he wouldnt mind if Kiss continued with NO original members, but other guys in the original costumes/makeup. That would equal a tribute band funded by Kiss themselves basically. I don't want to see that. It all should end now before it gets too out of hand, as they've truly lost sight of what the fans want.

Agreed, new guys dressing as old members is silly, but nobody knows the line up for a new album or tour. Or do you know ?

I find Psycho Circus is the best album since Lick it up. It is more "back to the roots" as Revenge. Everything inbetween is not Kiss, especially not Animalize, Asylum and Hot in the shade. These albums are boring I find. Creatures and Lick it up are different as well, but good. Everything before that (even Dynasty and Unmasked) is great.

So .... after Psycho Circus I am looking forward to a new album.
Tasts are different, that the fun part ... cheers

Originally posted by Cold Gin
Agreed, new guys dressing as old members is silly, but nobody knows the line up for a new album or tour. Or do you know ?
KISS have done some scattered live shows recently for private parties in Jamaica and New York. The lineups there had Eric Singer on drums and Tommy Thayer on guitar, plus Paul and Gene. It remains to be seen if this lineup sticks.

Paul and Gene own the rights to the KISS name. Even when Peter Criss and Ace Frehley were back in the band, they were not treated as full band members. They are paid employees.

I thought it was great that the original KISS lineup reunited. I saw them in '97 and in 2000, and they put on a great stage show. I wish they had ended on a high note after the "Farewell" tour. Having said that, I feel a little ripped off. I went to see a "Farewell" tour that really wasn't a farewell tour. Needless to say, Paul and Gene will not be getting my money again for a live show.

Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Eric Singer (Dressed as Peter), Tommy Thayer (Dressed as Ace) is the lineup and likely to be the lineup if they tour and do a new album.

If Eric and Tommy are gonna be in the band, then at least take off the damn makeup. Or if you wanna keep the makeup on because as Paul says its the Kiss' uniform, which is true, then give Eric and Tommy their own makeup.

I understand why for the Australian and Japanese tour last year they just put Eric in Peter's makeup... because at the time it was only a temporary thing for a couple of months and not worth creating a new persona. Eric was a "fill in" because Peter wouldn't do the tour.

Now, Peter and Ace are out of the band and the chance of them rejoining is almost zero. If they are gonna continue and Eric and Tommy are gonna be proper band members, give them their own personas. Remember the idea of the makeup and costumes was to reflect each member's personality. It defeats the purpose when they're just dressed as old members.

anyone who says ozzy should retire needs to die!!

in flames (unfortunately) needs to retire...they struck out with their latest...but i'll give 'em another chance before i start blasting on 'em...

kiss needs to retire...

hmm...manson needs to retire...his schtick is old and used up...

cradle of filth...had a great run, but their last 3 albums have sucked horribly...

max from soulfly... sepultura ruled...soulfly has always sucked...
re-join or die...

cannibal corpse...always sucked...need to give it up...

phil anselmo...doesn't need to retire, but needs to quit with the side projects and do some new pantera...

Hmmmmmm. Some very interesting comments here. I agree with trooper in that Pshycho was the worst album post make up and with this I think they needed to do something better for the fans. I love the non make up albums especially the heavy grungy Carnival Of Souls. They should keep going as long as they give us some new good stuff

Mention was made of the new Wasp and Dio albums. I have these two albums and let me say these are the best albums released by both. I'm listening to Wasp's "Dying for the World" at the moment and it is a real killer. A cross between thier self titled debut album and "Crimson Idol" 10 out of 10. Dio's Killing the Dragon' is excellent as well. Check out Halford's new one "Crucible". This one's a screamer.

:headbang: :hotjump:

I will take you by word on Dio. I love the old stuff.

Why does everybody talk about the Kiss "non-make-up-albums" as if this would stand for a ceratin sort of music ? There no such thing. There are big differences between the rather tough Lick it up with Vinnie´s influence (also creatures if you count that one), boring nothings like Asylum and Animalize where I can´t really tell how I should I call it, pop songs like crazy nights and grungy (to use your words) stuff like carnival of souls. Although some of them are not bad.
cheers

Hi !
About KISS .. I must say I think they are old enough to stop being ridiculous with the make-up and stuff .. They should know by now, there's no need to have all that to play good music ... :cool:
I don't think AEROSMITH are dead now .. I think they can give us still lots of good moments of music ..
But man .. I should say bands like SAXON should retire inmediatly .. They come here and none even remember them and they just repeat the same they have been doing for the last 20 years ... Nothing new ... I would shame on my grandaddy to do something like that ..
METALLICA .... S&M is a fantastic album ! My opinion !!!!!
Cheers !

Originally posted by Hey_Romeo02
Hi !
About KISS .. I must say I think they are old enough to stop being ridiculous with the make-up and stuff .. They should know by now, there's no need to have all that to play good music ... :cool:

That's the kind of attitude that killed rock & roll. Of course a band shouldn't NEED to have all the excesses to be a good band, but if you can do it, why not? As far as I'm concerned, a band should do everything in their power to give their audience the best show they possibly can.

So they should be thinking, would the fans prefer a big pyro display or not? Ok they probably will because its exciting, we'll put it in.... etc. Makeup, costumes, stage effects, all that stuff to me doesn't mean a band is covering up bad music, it means they are doing their best to give the crowd even more entertainment. A live show shouldn't be a band playing their songs, it should be visual also.

To me, a band that is big but DOESN'T put on a big live show are wimps. They're too scared that people might say "Oh this band obviously can't play coz they have to cover up with all this pyro and makeup and lasers". That goes for all the grunge bands out there!

here, here. When I said the non make up dalbums, I was referring to the members of the band at the time of those albums. Eric Carr, Eric Singer, Kulick and Vincent. I loved what they brought to Kiss, that's not to say Ace and Peter Criss can't rock. I agree that there's nothing worse than going to a gig and the band just sing and play. You go there for the show and with the amount of money it cost to see Kiss last year, they should have put on a visual show. Which of course they did.

Ohhh yeah I know what you mean nosferatu, I agree with you. I prefer non-makeup Kiss as well. Vinnie, Bruce and the Erics are the best thing that ever happened to Kiss, well along with Paul's great knack for writing classics.

I was just referring to the attitude that its "ridiculous" to have the makeup and stuff because you don't "need" it to play good music. Hehe of course you don't but why not put on a show? Music is entertainment...

Heh and yeah, Kiss was damn expensive last year, but man what a show! It was worth it :)

priest - one of my all time fave bands but they sucked soooooo much (and it aint rippes fault) on their last tour it was embarrasing. better quit and stay as a good band in the fans minds than becoming any half dead muppets (goes for mr hill - i bet i can play better bass than him now).

ozzy & sabbath

dee snider - i love TS but solo, he is unbearable

KISS can do whatever they want, i dont care, but i like them.

purple - were great when i saw them last year in sweden.

metallica - only shit after the black album.

alice - also one of my faves, but after last tour, i am afraid that next time the snake will eat him and not vice versa. he had to sit down while only women bleed & take it like a woman. he probably will kill himself on stage once, especially if he continous to hang around with mr zombie...