What cab to get?

Go for the 1960b (straight cab), perfect for death metal tones.

I hate marshall cabs, i'm not a big fan of V30s but some cabs make them sound ok, Marshalls aren't really one of them. I preferred the valveking cab to the Marshall one at GC, it was tighter and way clearer sounding. Plus Marshall cabs are ugly as fuck. Not only that, when i'm playing with my friends I don't want them to say I have a Marshall halfstack, since I hate their amplifiers with a passion.

If I could find a used Vader 2x12/4x12 for a normal price I would be happy but nah the only one is a fake "first Vader cab in history" scam for 2500$.

You could also try looking for an unloaded cab and put your own speakers in there. I am looking at an old Traynor unloaded 4x12 cab at the moment - they are built solid as a rock with tons of balls and tight low end.
For speakers, don't ignore the WGS line. For the higher headroom that you want, look at the Liberator 80W speaker. I have the Reaper 30W paired with a UK Greenback in a 2x12 with my JCM900 and it just sounds amazing.

http://wgs4.com/liberator-80-80-watts

I think that if you loved how the Vader cabs sounded then you should get that, even if you have to hunt for one used. Don't settle.

The Mesa Traditional/Stiletto cab is a good all around cab with a tighter sound than the OS with more midrange emphasis. A great middle ground between the oversized Mesa cab and something like a Marshall.

The Mesa Oversized/Rectifier cab sounds bigger/bassier but can get muddy quick with some amps.

The Marshall 1960 can be tight but it's got a papery/fizzy high end that I'm not a fan of.

I usually hate Krank cabs but I did track one with Eminence Legends that sounded AWESOME with a 5150.

I think that if you loved how the Vader cabs sounded then you should get that, even if you have to hunt for one used. Don't settle.

The Mesa Traditional/Stiletto cab is a good all around cab with a tighter sound than the OS with more midrange emphasis. A great middle ground between the oversized Mesa cab and something like a Marshall.

The Mesa Oversized/Rectifier cab sounds bigger/bassier but can get muddy quick with some amps.

The Marshall 1960 can be tight but it's got a papery/fizzy high end that I'm not a fan of.

I usually hate Krank cabs but I did track one with Eminence Legends that sounded AWESOME with a 5150.

Yea I wish I could find a Vader, i'm actually leaning towards a 2x12 now, since their a bit cheaper. The Marshall cab I tried had literally no mids at all, sounded like complete shit.

296700_264237233609877_1543461089_n.jpg

facemelt.gif

there's dude here that has one of suffocation's old vader cabs. i've heard it live and it sounds great. many say it doesn't sound so great recorded. if your primarily recording, get a mesa.

Im going to second what Jeff said. What your describing sounds like the marshall mf400 cab. I picked one up about a year back based on Jens Bogren and Zuess talking about it being pretty good and making the cut on a few records. I purchased one for like $250 from guitar center shipped. Just keep an eye out for used. I see them all the time for next to nothing, I like mine so much ive considered picking up another. It sounds pretty solid under the mic too.

Whatever you get, try to test different overdrives with it because that can help tighten up the low end.

Whatever you get, try to test different overdrives with it because that can help tighten up the low end.

I have a OD9+ Pro and OD808, and over a dozen overdrives on my GSP1101 :)

I have a feeling this amp will be impossibly tight, as I think Suffocation used it without a boost. Same with Dying Fetus. But of course they were using tight cabs (Vaders)

Anyone have experience with Jet City cabs? I also remember seeing a cab manufacturer with red inside kinda like the Suffocation custom cabs, anyone know what i'm thinking of?

yeah the guy is legit. Maybe through e-mail then phone later to finalize details. Might be worth it to wait for a Vader though, because the Legends they used are no longer in production (were just for Vader from Eminence)