What concert(s) did you want to go to but missed?

Wicked Child

DYNO-MITE!
Mar 4, 2003
Vista, CA
Visit site
The one concert on the top of my "would kill to go see, but sadly missed" list has got to be the Iron Maiden/Halford/Queensryche tourback in 2000. I even saved money to see this concert when it came to town, but because of family shit, i missed it, and ended up spending my money on a video game, a band shirt and a CD. I still wish i wne to that concert. I also recently missed the Whitesnake/Scorpions/Dokken concert a couple weeks ago. I did seen The Scorps last summer, but they were so good i wanted to see them again! Not to see Whitesnake because they kick ass and Dokken because they kick even more ass. And don't even get me started on the Halford/Testament/Vio-Lence/Exhumed concert. I almost went, had the money for tickets and a concert tee just in case, but then it had to pushed back to a date where i already had plans on. I was pissed.

this years NearFEST...
it hasn't happened yet, but from what i understand it sold out shortly after the tickets went on sale around the beginning of February...

Not that I have a way of getting there anyway...
:cry:

Thanatopsis123 said:
I missed Nile, Origin, and Arch Enemy. It was probably the only time any metal bands will come to my town too. Fuck my nonmetal friends!

Life is too short to be wasted on the nonmetal persuasion!

Kyuss came to Denver once, but I was a fucking stupid lazy college student and thus I didn't go.

Gigs in Australia:

Carcass (Heartwork tour – no excuse except I knew they wouldn’t play anything off RoP or SoS – still no excuse)
Beastie Boys (Hello Nasty tour - was in Sydney and I couldn’t really afford it – lame as they are one of my fave bands)
Secret Chiefs 3 (no excuse except that I hadn’t heard them by that stage)
Unsane (hadn’t heard them much)
Drop Dead (didn’t know it was on)
Gore Beyond Necropsy (didn’t even find out they toured Australia until after)
Kyuss (supporting Metallica on the black album no less! But I hadn’t heard them and wanted to avoid that era Metallica)
Mudhoney (in my early gig going days – dunno why)
Strapping Young Lad/Ocean Machine/Infinity (saw SYL the first time around but this tour was when he did all 3 bands)
Big Day Out (the ones where Alchemist and Armoured Angel played)
Faith No More (Real Thing tour – saw them on Angel Dust though)
The Tea Party (Splendor Solis tour – was in the US at the time missing the gigs below)
Iron Maiden (World Slavery Tour – my excuse is that I was only 11 and hadn’t heard them :)– but I also missed the Fear Of The Dark tour with no excuse except that I didn’t like their last few albums)
Anthrax (Persistence of Time tour – in Sydney so I couldn’t afford it or something lame – saw them later with Bush – he’s no Joey)

And I missed seeing the following local bands (RIP):

Sadistik Exekution
Damnatory
Magnacite
Hobbs Angel Of Death (altho they are back!!)
Corpse Molestation
The Kill
Undinism
Open Wound
Warsore
Christbait (old grind version of the band)

Gigs in the US:

Front 242 (forgot about it until 2.30 am when we realised too late – d’oh!)
Masada (John Zorn project – went and saw Crowbar and Sacred Reich instead which was great)
Dead Can Dance (they had played in Atlanta a week or so before we got there – mega d’oh)

Type O Negative here in Denmark a couple of years back (maybe it was their "World coming down" tour). At the time I didn't listen to metal anymore, although I still popped on Type O maybe once a while (very rarely), so I only heard a little bit of it in the radio and an interview with Peter Steele (which I taped and now have erased! :( ).
They also played on Roskilde Festival in '96 and I would also liked to have been there. If I'm not mistaken they also played at Midtfyns Festival some time.

In 1988 I was *this* close to seeing Iron Maiden on their Seventh Tour of Seventh Tour in Albuquerque NM and pleaded like no other with my parents to let me go. I was sooooo fucking close. But still "too young" and that kinda crap.

The one I fucking kick myself for is when I was 10 a friend's parents were taking him and his little brother to see Iron Maiden for the World Slavery Tour. Because parents were going I would have been able to go, but had only heard Maiden about two or three months previous and hadn't quite "gotten" it yet. So like an idiot I turned down seeing Iron Maiden ON THE FUCKING WORLD FUCKING SLAVERY TOUR. That tour was metal history, and I've never forgiven myself for that.

Since then every concert that comes to town that I'm around for I go, in the attempt not to screw myself over somehow again.

Most recently I'm pissed that I missed Opeth on the Deliverance tour. There's a few excellent shows I missed that still haunt me: Possessed Beyond The Gates tour, King Diamond Abigail tour both of which I found out about the damn show after the fact, Black Sabbath Born Again, Iron Maiden Piece Of Mind both I was too stupid to go to. Judas Priest Screaming...With Iron Maiden Number...I missed this gem of a show because I thought $13 was too expensive to pay.....FUCK!!!!! Metallica Ride The Lightning with WASP and Armored Saint both on 1st albums. Missed this show because a goddamn blizzard blew into the Buffalo area so I couldn't drive to the small venue but the damn show still went on...thought it would've been cancelled for sure.
Oh well...shit happens. I've seen tons of good shows through the years but those few good ones I missed still bugs me.

I've missed Origin and The Berzerker, though I've seen them before. I've missed Dying Fetus, Hate Etarnal, Kataklysm, and somebody else cuz it was a school night. Damn high-school.:mad: