What DAW is everyone using at the moment?

Reaper.
Think I may want to move to PT :/

Anyone know of anything similar to Boom?
Looking at not spending much $ as I can do most of it by hand, but using boom is so easy.

Reaper v4 for all tracking, mixing, loudnessing (not going to use "mastering" for a couple comps, limiter and saturation plug) and Flstudio for all programming and synths. Its still the best for anything like that.

Reaper 4 for everything except
vocal tracking/editing (cubase 5) just because reaper doesn't fucking support VST3 and i cant use VOCALIGN.

Wow tons of REaper users. I'm on PT9 at home and at the studio I work at.

ProTools 9. Such an awesome software.

with the latest update (8-9) i don't miss any functions now. They gave us Pt HD import session data and off course latency correction.
Really stable, no crashes etc.

ProTools 9 for mixing. I absolutely love it.

Wavelab 7 for mastering. I absolutely loathe it, but there aren't many options in my budget. Serious crashing, lack of proper documentation... Steinberg better step up and fix things considering I paid rather much for a professional software.

I still don't get why there has to be this exact type of thread every 3 months :lol: Not trying to be a dick, I just thought the other thread with its 157 answering people was telling quite a bit about what DAWs people use. Oh well, here's my contribution:

Logic Pro 9 and ProTools 9 for tracking and mixing.
WaveBurner for mastering.

Currently doing a lot of stuff in PT (because we work with ProTools in school), and starting to somehow like it. Not for mixing though :/
I'll probably track everything in ProTools and do the mixing and MIDI stuff with Logic in the future - I'm still 100 times faster with Logic, though. Even when tracking and editing.

No Samplitude user here ? I totally dig the Samplitude/Sequoia 10. I know it very well and working with it seems to me as tiring as watching TV :)