What DAW?

Y u no like Cubase? I'm using a combination of Sonar and Cubase. Both for recording and mastering, Sonar for mixing and Cubase for mixing drum samples

i used cubase but right now im using Pro Tools 9.
i fucking love pro tools.
i also run Logic for educational reasons but i prefer pro tools

I went from Pro-Tools to Reaper and recently moved on from Reaper. I pretty much tried every DAW out there and in the end, I settled for Presonus Studio One. Awesome DAW.
Defo good to know Pro-Tools, even if you don't work with professional studios, you never know when you might find yourself in one or in a situation in which you're expected to know Pro-Tools.
Personally, I can't use it for my own stuff at home, it's just too bloated, demanding and restricting for my liking.

I went from Pro-Tools to Reaper and recently moved on from Reaper. I pretty much tried every DAW out there and in the end, I settled for Presonus Studio One. Awesome DAW.
Defo good to know Pro-Tools, even if you don't work with professional studios, you never know when you might find yourself in one or in a situation in which you're expected to know Pro-Tools.
Personally, I can't use it for my own stuff at home, it's just too bloated, demanding and restricting for my liking.

bloated, demanding and restricting??? sounds like my ex wife...... ;)

I'd try to solve the issue of Cubase and go on with it.
I've been using Cubase since VST32 5.0 (2001) version, and hardly ever crashed.

I said th same thing in another thread a month ago or so. If you've been using cubase all this time, fix the problem and keep using it. Every daw can do almost all the same stuff, and if you've spent considerable time with cubase why switch now?

if you've spent considerable time with cubase why switch now?

Because Steinberg are a bunch of retards and it lacks tab to transient, print-to-track, and any kind of decent workflow for AutoTune or VocAlign? :lol:

As much as I want to defend Cubase and as much as I depend on its drum maps for my programming, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slowly switching over to PT.

Unfortunately you'll also slowly find that PT has its own drawbacks, Jeff. I've settled on a workflow between both DAWs, trying to isolate the best aspects of each. While PT is generally better for most editing and tracking, Cubase has its strengths with mixing.

Still looking forward to the day Studio One becomes a full-fledged DAW. My early experiences with it were very promising, but it lacked too many features at the time to be usable on its own. Besides that, it's owned by Presonus, which probably don't rank too far above Steinberg on my list of 'generally not cared for' companies.

Still looking forward to the day Studio One becomes a full-fledged DAW. My early experiences with it were very promising, but it lacked too many features at the time to be usable on its own. Besides that, it's owned by Presonus, which probably don't rank too far above Steinberg on my list of 'generally not cared for' companies.

Curious what you're missing in Studio One, Ermz.

I'm using it as my primary DAW. I also dip into Reaper every now and then, and I use Ableton Live sometimes too. I have to know Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, and most other DAW's, pretty well for my job. But I don't particularly care for any of them. Although the 9.0.3 release of Pro Tools will now allow me to get down to 64 buffer size with my Profire 2626, so I may start using it more often.

Because Steinberg are a bunch of retards and it lacks tab to transient, print-to-track, and any kind of decent workflow for AutoTune or VocAlign? :lol:

As much as I want to defend Cubase and as much as I depend on its drum maps for my programming, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't slowly switching over to PT.

Yeah that is all true. I'm slowly moving to a hybrid..... tracking and editing in PT, mixing in Cubendo. I hate PT not having a freeze function, decent CPU usage, or non realtime bounces. I hate Cubase for almost everything else, only cause I'm so used to PT I just can't handle it.

I'm interested to know how latencies are working in differents DAW with a similar project. Drew drummer for example tell us he is getting low latencies on the latest version of Pro tools with a Profire 2626.

I'm interested to know how latencies are working in differents DAW with a similar project. Drew drummer for example tell us he is getting low latencies on the latest version of Pro tools with a Profire 2626.

Nah, what I meant was, 9.0.3 lifted the artificial limitation of a 128 buffer size for the M-Audio Profire. It's in the 9.0.3 release notes.

Oh, without being a complete fanboi about it, the Presonus Studio One dev team seem very approachable - more so than Steinberg!! I give S1 a hearty recommendation.

Oh, without being a complete fanboi about it, the Presonus Studio One dev team seem very approachable - more so than Steinberg!! I give S1 a hearty recommendation.

+1. Defo listen to their users, which is good in my opinion. I love how you can be mastering a track, make changes to the mix and have those changes automatically propagated to the mastering project. Win!