What did james murphy use on LOW?

Jackson soloist

New Metal Member
Aug 25, 2006
I heard he used a EMG 85 loaded fender strat and dual recto's?
his tone and playing kills and i wanted to find out what he used for his menacing tones:worship:

dg200.JPG

i do have a pic of me in the studio, tracking for that album... you can see the guitars and gear i was using as well in it... just trying to track it down and i'll post it.

Sorry to go off topic but I guess those Casio Guitars are considered collectibles!

well, here's the pic to answer all questions: me tracking my parts on LOW at Studio D in Sausalito, CA circa 1994

61151236_l.jpg

and to spawn a few more, i'm sure.

James Murphy said:
well, here's the pic to answer all questions: me tracking my parts on LOW at Studio D in Sausalito, CA circa 1994

61151236_l.jpg

Nice, looks like an Ectcasy and a Mark 4? ...What are the 2 amps on the left? Almost looks like a Fatboy. By the way I'm a fan and I saw you play just about every time you played Buffalo between Death, Obituary and Cancer. We were lucky to have such a big death metal scene in the late 80's/early 90's ...Probably the biggest next to Tampa, but I'm sure you remember. I used to hang out with some of the Corpse guys. I'm new to the board ...glad to see you on here

farside said:
Nice, looks like an Ectcasy and a Mark 4? ...What are the 2 amps on the left? Almost looks like a Fatboy. By the way I'm a fan and I saw you play just about every time you played Buffalo between Death, Obituary and Cancer. We were lucky to have such a big death metal scene in the late 80's/early 90's ...Probably the biggest next to Tampa, but I'm sure you remember. I used to hang out with some of the Corpse guys. I'm new to the board ...glad to see you on here
hi, nice to have you here. look closer... they are dual recs.

James Murphy said:

61151236_l.jpg

no wonder the tone was so great!:kickass: