What did james murphy use on LOW?

G02137-1m.jpg

edit: this was the picture from the second reply, but whatever the guitar on the latter picture James posted was, just the gear itself still won't make you sound like James Murphy. It's all in the fingers.

anyone could post that pic again please? it's down.
thank you!
here's the pic: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6285552&l=2e69dd28f6&id=762969358 though you prob need to have a facebook account to view it.

yeah, you do realize this thread is from like 4 years ago right? ;)

Murph has since moved on to playing banjo

yeah Carlos, and if you ever actually read this forum, as i know you do, you'll know full well that if he had just made a new thread about this, someone would have chastised him to use the Search function.

damned if you do, damned if you don't around this place, lol

^ hahahaha

I have a pretty fond memory of totally dogging this chick while that tune was blasting in the background ... this was back in like '94 ...she never heard of Testament at the time (she was new to metal) but she went out the next day and bought a few of their cds

I like to think I did my part :headbang:

edit: this was the picture from the second reply, but whatever the guitar on the latter picture James posted was, just the gear itself still won't make you sound like James Murphy. It's all in the fingers.[/quote]

Can i get them from Thomann?

[quote="Skinny Viking, post: 9554672"]

I have a pretty fond memory of totally dogging this chick while that tune was blasting in the background ...
[/quote]

Whaa? dogging doesn't mean the same thing in the states amirite?

^ hahahaha

I have a pretty fond memory of totally dogging this chick while that tune was blasting in the background ... this was back in like '94 ...she never heard of Testament at the time (she was new to metal) but she went out the next day and bought a few of their cds

I like to think I did my part :headbang:

Was she good looking... or did she have a dog face? :p :lol:

Its without a DOUBT Testaments HEAVIEST and most dynamic effort ever. The Gathering is a close second, but NOTHING beats LOW. I remember reading ALL of James's lessons in, I think it was Guitar For The Practicing Musician magazine and him talking about the solo in that song, and how he was talking about the solo being played in "minor" with an F# vs the riff that had the F in it (or vice versa).... he was the first guy i ever heard say FUCK IT, ITS METAL! (extremely paraphrasing that) ...lol