What Do You Do With Your Freetime?

abaga129

The Apprentice
This is just a question out of interest :wave:

I know everyone gets tired of mixing/writing/recording all the time and has to have other hobbies to occupy their time. So im just kinda curious about what everyone does with their free time.

How much time do you dedicate to music?

How much free time do you actually have?

Most of my freetime that im not messing with music i spend playing runescape/minecraft/n64, watching my favorite tv show: Gundam, working on guitars, reading forums, or just sleeping. But mostly watching gundam :D

I actually mix and make music on my free time. but other than that:
Watching shows with my gf.
Skateboarding 2-3 times per week.
Making my own guitar (i haven't had the time for this one lately, but soon i will)
And sometimes i play skate 3 on xbox.

cool man, i forgot to put my gf on the list... she is where the majority of my time goes besides work haha.
But that's cool about making your own guitar. Im in the process of refinishing a jackson of mine and putting new pickups in an ltd.
What style of guitar are you building?

cool man, i forgot to put my gf on the list... she is where the majority of my time goes besides work haha.
But that's cool about making your own guitar. Im in the process of refinishing a jackson of mine and putting new pickups in an ltd.
What style of guitar are you building?

I'm building a prs-style model. The shape is just pure beauty in my eyes so i decited to try to build one. It's my first diy-guitar so it propably won't be perfect but so far it seems like it'll be my little princess ;) haha.

What kinda refinishing you're doing if I might ask? And emg's or trying something different?

When im not mixing and recording i spend alot of time with girlfriend and the band. me and my band are really tight so we do the most things together, like snowboarding now in the winter and skateboard/bmx on the summer. but school also takes alot of my time, im going last year now so when i graduate im going to just think about the music with the band and girlfriend and really hope that we can get somewhere!

I'm building a prs-style model. The shape is just pure beauty in my eyes so i decited to try to build one. It's my first diy-guitar so it propably won't be perfect but so far it seems like it'll be my little princess ;) haha.

What kinda refinishing you're doing if I might ask? And emg's or trying something different?

Well its a guitar that I refinished in highschool as a shop project and I did a shit job due to ignorance and lack of time. So I decided to strip it and paint the back and sides chrome and do a chrome burst on the front. Next I'm going to paint the whole guitar with a transparent blue so the chrome shows through and makes it look metallic. Btw its a flam maple curve top so it has potential to be beautiful. I'll post some pictures of it on here.

As far as pickups go I'm not a fan of emg's in general. I'm giving the ahb-1 blackouts a try.

2ilnbbt.jpg

There she is. You should post pictures of yours!

Looks promising! I'll post some when i get the body shaped a bit more. I was thinking of staining my guitar either purple or blue. Or even turqouise(?) if it's possible. I have one big problem though. The top wood is imbuia so it's darker than lets say maple. But they didn't have any flamed/spalted/quilted maples thick enough for me so...
And it might be cool if the guitar would seem almost black in low light but would show it's true color in better lighting.

Kinda off topic by now so i might also add that i dedicate plenty of my time for music. Wether it's thinking new melodies, playing guitar, mixing, editing, listening... It's a huge part of my every day life. At work alone i listen to music 3-6h a day.

Kind of ironic that I'm not really good at playing guitar when it's a huge part of my life.

Looks promising! I'll post some when i get the body shaped a bit more. I was thinking of staining my guitar either purple or blue. Or even turqouise(?) if it's possible. I have one big problem though. The top wood is imbuia so it's darker than lets say maple. But they didn't have any flamed/spalted/quilted maples thick enough for me so...
And it might be cool if the guitar would seem almost black in low light but would show it's true color in better lighting.

Kinda off topic by now so i might also add that i dedicate plenty of my time for music. Wether it's thinking new melodies, playing guitar, mixing, editing, listening... It's a huge part of my every day life. At work alone i listen to music 3-6h a day.

Kind of ironic that I'm not really good at playing guitar when it's a huge part of my life.
Thanks!
actually the fact the wood is darker might benifit it. Luthiers get the 3d look by staining the guitars black or dark brown and then sanding before they stain it the color they choose. but cool i look forward to seeing it!