What do you do?

sknight

Are You Morbid?
I've seen the "How old are you?" and the "Where are you?" threads, but didn't notice thead like this.

What do you do for money/professionally? Are you a musician as well or just appreciative of music? What are your hobbies?

I'm studying Pharmacology and Molecular Genetics, as well as Medicine. I'm also working on my degree in Business Management.

I'm not a musician. I kind of play the piano, but don't have time to maintain my skills. I'm mostly into goth and progressive metal and grew up on thrash metal.

I study a lot in my free time, but I actually enjoy it very much. I'm also an avid mountain biker.

I sell technology (computers and nearly every imaginable related accessories). As soon as I can get financial assistance sorted out, I'll be back in school, this time for linguistics with a minor in German.

I also volunteer at a cat adoption center.

Raine Lionheart said:
Fuck, everyone has a cooler or better paying job than me. LOL.

Au contraire! I sponge off my parents which sounds easy but really isn't.

I am currently studying naval architecture (the hardest major offered here) and school is a pain in my ass. To graduate in four years I need to take a minimum of 20 credits a semester and holding a job down at the same time is just too difficult. In high school I played saxophone and flute and to prevent my skills from deteriorating completely I joined the band here. My hobbies include wandering Manhattan, watching movies, reading, and talking about myself (could you tell? :D )

That just about covers it.

I'm a senior in high school, and a dedicated musician (Guitarist, drummer, singer, songwriter). After high school I'm going to attend community college for one year, and then I will attend Musicians Institute in Hollywood, California for four years in the guitar institute of technology (GIT). After I'm done with school, I plan to pursue a career in music. Possibly music education, and of course, I will continue with my songwriting. I'm currently unemployed, and I have no form of income. Go me.

Beelzebub said:
Au contraire! I sponge off my parents which sounds easy but really isn't.

I am currently studying naval architecture (the hardest major offered here) and school is a pain in my ass. To graduate in four years I need to take a minimum of 20 credits a semester and holding a job down at the same time is just too difficult. In high school I played saxophone and flute and to prevent my skills from deteriorating completely I joined the band here. My hobbies include wandering Manhattan, watching movies, reading, and talking about myself (could you tell? :D )

That just about covers it.

I'll just... shut my mouth. LOL. Good luck on your courses and band.

Sounds like fun, wandering around aimlessly. That's what I do.

Raine Lionheart said:
I'll just... shut my mouth. LOL. Good luck on your courses and band.

Sounds like fun, wandering around aimlessly. That's what I do.

HA! Thanks.

Manhattan is always fun, especially the East Village after 10 PM.

If you like desolate places, try the financial district weekends and at night. That's nice and calming.

For weird times, Sat nights, after midnight by the Museum of Natural History and on Amsterdam. That's a weird area. I spent a few years living in that neighborhood and I never got over how weird it is on the weekends.

Well, I'm a legal assistant and specialize in real estate, Wills and estates. Every day is different so even though the job is demanding at times, it's interesting. Don't have many hobbies but I love reading thrillers and psychological suspense novels and I bowl!

Raine,
The excitement for myself is when I have an idea for a research project. I bring it up to one of my advisors and they tell me their thoughts on it. Fortunately, one of them is so interested in my ideas that everything is automatic. Unfortunately, she's in the Biology dept. and not the Molecular Genetics dept. This means she can't secure me biological samples and other support items. I get no budget to do this ambitious project with, but I'm given tons of leeway and priority in whatever they can give me. So, I'm very well connected, so I end up running around from building to building, looking up old contacts to get donations of supplies from here and there. That's actually the exciting part. Then improvising just about everything is even more amazing and then coming up with the results without any budget, solely on donations from friends. That's exciting.

I've been a journalist for more years than I care to admit at a moderate-sized New Jersey-based newspaper called the Asbury Park Press. I have the lofty duties of doing crime reports and writing community features. The first is depressing and the second is boring, but it pays the bills.....almost.

I recently had to take on a second job, setting up a data base for a medical clinic, to finance my "other" job; running the webzine/internet radio, BeyondEarCandy.com. Now if only webzines were hugely profitable, I could give up the other two. :err:

I'm studing interior design in Belgium. Because of this study, I don't have many time for hobbies. So most of my free time I spend with my boyfriend.

Metalbanger, studeer je in Hasselt aan de PHLimburg? Zo nee, waar studeer je dan wel?