what do you do for living?

I don't have a job, I'm behind in school and there's absolutley nothing that interests me as far as future carreers goes.

Born to fail!

I'm going to college for television broadcasting and i'm in first year...and I love it. I' mvery happy with school oddly enough.
I also work part-time at a grocery store making minimum wage($7.15/hour) as a cashier. It ain't so bad...i've had shittier part-time jobs.
After college i'm either going to go into television production or moving out west to British Columbia to study to become a paramedic and ride mountain bikes all....fucking....day.....long. This one's mildly far-fetched, but doable.
Ideally i'd like to move out west to do TV production stuff and rides bikes all day as well.

DREAM = steady-cam operator in the film industry.

warehouse manager for mother's cookies. i drive the forklift around and toss around somewhat heavy boxes all day....yeh. im about to move though, so soon ill have a crappier job.

~metal_maiden~ said:
I work in a cookie factory...
in ontario huh...do you make mother's sugar free and checkerboards an shit there? some of our stuff is made in canada...
-neal

I dont work, or have ambition, or any respect for such mundane distractions. It may be sociably acceptable but I dont believe that it's essential to living (certainly stone age man didn't need a career). I rape currency from the local government (deservingly so) which enables me to hunt and gather food at the local supermarket, and in turn that food gives me the energy to pursue pleasure and knowledge.
As for music I digitally and physically compose music on my own for my own immediate pleasure. I have nothing to sell to the masses.

Well I think that ends my little speech of sorts

good-day. :)

Student. Work at a record store. Currently a member of 3 different bands. Plan on moving to Europe (most likely Slovenia) next year and hopefully finding a job there.

Pancakse.cx said:
...and there's absolutley nothing that interests me as far as future carreers goes.

Born to fail!

Right on! I'm with you on that one... except I'm not behind in school. I'm a high school graduate, that's enough education for me. I don't give a damn about college... waste of time and money. Life's too short for college/university.

~metal_maiden~ said:

I'm a high school graduate, that's enough education for me. I don't give a damn about college... waste of time and money. Life's too short for college/university.
Well, at least you have your priorities in order! I'm not going to criticize your ridicules (IMO) theory. Parties and getting wasted all the time may seem fun now but at some point in your life you regret not planning for the future. However, the less education you have the less chances you will have later in life.

TheSinMakesYouReal said:
Well, at least you have your priorities in order! I'm not going to criticize your ridicules (IMO) theory. Parties and getting wasted all the time may seem fun now but at some point in your life you regret not planning for the future. However, the less education you have the less chances you will have later in life.

Well actually I don't go to parties and I don't get wasted. I don't do any of that. I'm just in a tough situation right now so I can't do anything which concerns my future at the moment. Therefore, school is out of the question until things get better for me.

~metal_maiden~ said:
Well actually I don't go to parties and I don't get wasted. I don't do any of that. I'm just in a tough situation right now so I can't do anything which concerns my future at the moment. Therefore, school is out of the question until things get better for me.
Sorry to hear things are tough I was mainly commenting on where you said college is a waste of time. It may be rough and it may not show immediate result (trust me I know) but with out a degree you'll only get your foot in the door with experience.

TheSinMakesYouReal said:
I could be wrong but I find it hard to see how a transcendentalist can succeed by todays standards.

Sucess is one of many options. Not the only, and certainly not the most important.