what do you do for living?

Ecstatic Youth said:
I'm going to college for television broadcasting and i'm in first year...and I love it. I' mvery happy with school oddly enough.
I also work part-time at a grocery store making minimum wage($7.15/hour) as a cashier. It ain't so bad...i've had shittier part-time jobs.
After college i'm either going to go into television production or moving out west to British Columbia to study to become a paramedic and ride mountain bikes all....fucking....day.....long. This one's mildly far-fetched, but doable.
Ideally i'd like to move out west to do TV production stuff and rides bikes all day as well.

DREAM = steady-cam operator in the film industry.
Oh sure, the other Hamiltonian comes along and makes me seem so pathetic. BC ain't all it's cracked out to be, either, I lived there for the first 15 years of my life. People there are assholes, and I might have to move back in a couple of months because people here are uneducated.

Oh my.

I'm on vocational training practice on a small university here in Sweden. Officially I'm here to find out whether administration is something for me, and inofficially I'm here to be the employee's office slave and to hang around as much as I can on UM.
The "wage" is incredibly shitty, about $2.5 a hour but I still live with my parents (for free) so it's enough to buy the CDs I want and to drink the right amount (read: shitfaced drunk :loco: ) of beer every weekend.

It gets boring from time to time, but since it seems that someone with as high grades as I've can't get a job like stockkeeper or in the industry or just anything until I go to uni, I have to be patient and waiyt for it to get over.

Pancakse.cx said:
Oh sure, the other Hamiltonian comes along and makes me seem so pathetic. BC ain't all it's cracked out to be, either, I lived there for the first 15 years of my life. People there are assholes, and I might have to move back in a couple of months because people here are uneducated.

Oh my.
yah but BC has great weed, tonnes of good scenery and nature shit, TONNES of mountains, access to the ocean, and the best mountain bike scene the world has to offer. what more could one want?
how are the ppl there assoles?

I have two jobs, the first of which is dumb and on better days I don't hate it: I work at a grocery store and someone actually had the brilliant idea to put ME behind the courtesy counter (try not to laugh to hard). But the majority of time spent behind the courtesy desk is in the back cash office, where I am responsible for getting all the tills counted and keeping track of all the money the store makes.

My other job is my fun job, and the one that allows me to call myself 'The Spirit Of Radio.' I do promotions for one of the rock stations in Philadephia, and when I'm not begging the music director to play Megadeth and Iron Maiden (which they never do :yell: ) I go to events and promotions and give out tshirts and shit. I basically get paid to go to concerts and hang out with people. Best.Job.Evar.

I really should just go get a real job considering I have a college degree that says I'm qualified for shit, but these two fake jobs allow me lots of fun time to go to all the concerts I want pretty much...so as long as my parents don't force me to move out, I'll have fun being irresponsible while it lasts!! :D

Ecstatic Youth said:
yah but BC has great weed, tonnes of good scenery and nature shit, TONNES of mountains, access to the ocean, and the best mountain bike scene the world has to offer. what more could one want?
how are the ppl there assoles?
They just are...my Dad was talking to some people when we were in Nova Scotia, and they were telling a story about how they had to go to a hospital, and a nurse there said 'You're not from BC, are you?' because they were so polite.

Good scenery, yeah. Mountains are innaccesable, for the most part. They're not like eastern mountains, you can walk on eastern mountains, in BC, you can only walk on mountains if you have anti gravity boots. There's some good skiing there, though. For the most part, the 'nature' is only accessable if you have money.

The ocean...well, I do miss the ocean. The great likes are shit, no salt smell...I miss the ocean.

And I don't smoke weed :p

Tee said:
if you're employed, what do you do for living? photographers asked too :D
if you're in school, what are your plans?
if you finished school what are your plans?
if you're in a band, what do you do FOR LIVING? :D
thats me right there... right now i attend the same school as bozzy... the Gloucester County Institute of Technology... and i am majoring in computers, which means right now i am taking Cisco IT Essentials I + II [if ne of u know what that is... lol] and next year i will be taking Cisco CCNA/CCNP [CCNA = Cisco Certified Network Administrator - CCNP = Cisco Certified Network Professional]

after all that i will graduate high school with 2 possibly 3 certifications in computers... then i will most likely attend a tech school such as ITT Tech... followed by a college that i can transfer my Associates degree from ITT tech into and start the college program as a sophomore, possibly a junior... wooo after/during that, its out into the real world to make money rather than spend it!! woooo

Zob Rombie said:
after all that i will graduate high school with 2 possibly 3 certifications in computers... then i will most likely attend a tech school such as ITT Tech... followed by a college that i can transfer my Associates degree from ITT tech into and start the college program as a sophomore, possibly a junior... wooo after/during that, its out into the real world to make money rather than spend it!! woooo
I went to ITT. I didn't learn that much there, but they did get me a great job. If your going to get your bachelors you should just go to a college instead of a tech school. If you go to both you will have to retake some of the classes to took at ITT and (like me) you'll spen 5 1/2 years getting a 4 year degree. Some schools won't excexpt ITT's credits.

I'm about ready to kill my boss for making me correct a bunch of errors and omissions to a 12 year old proprietary database that's never been checked for accuracy or consistency and always had the cheapest part time labor data entry girls inputting garbage...... About 80,000 entries... :mad: