What, exactly, do ya do?

The Nomad

Where am I?
Jan 17, 2002
QingDao, China (temporarily)
nomadwolf.dhs.org
Over the past month (just a month?), I've learned quite a big about ya'll, except what the hell you all do for a living.

I know about half of you are in school (high school or University), so it'll be easier, but still:

Are you employed (do you wnat to be?)?
If you're in University, what are you studying? What do you want to do with that?
If you're not in University, well, say whatever you want, unless you have some sort of grasp on what you want to do with your life.

and speaking of jobs, I should probably do mine... I'll reply to myself in the next couple days (it looks like it'll be busy)....

Edit: had to change the title to actually quote the movie properly...

Secret Morgana? :p

Well... I am a Biology student at the university in Gothenburg, right now I am taking a course in Zoo-physiology. Why? well I am very interested in nature and such and this have been my dream since I was a kid. What I plan to do with my education varies with each day, it will probably involve lotsa traveling and researching.
I´ll probably be studying for ten years or more in total, so I think I will take a brake in a year or two and work in a factory for half a year and then travel the world with friends.

I am also employed at "Santa Maria", the biggest company in Sweden when it comes to spice and stuff like that. I am doing all the spice-mixes that goes to the shops (till er Svenskar: jag blandar grillkrydda och peppar-mix och sådana saker). I also work at the Swedich Exebition Center in Gothenburg, and at the library in the university
In my spare time I do more things than I have time for. Including this board (takes much time..:) ), writing/playing music, reading, writing, cooking (mmmm), brewing (mead, beer), sleeping etc. etc. And Of course... beeing at the pub with me friends! a great passion...:)

Well, that´s me.

-phyros

Ahh, bloodly hell Fjell, I'm not even going to try to guess. I heave a REALLY bad memory, which is part of the reason for this thread. I can have some pertinent details of everybody in one easy to locate thread.

Anyway, I don't feel like working now, so:
I work for UOP, which develops refining and petrochemical processes and liscenses these technologies. We design refineries and petrochem complexes. Once designed, the customer (and their contractors) build the place. We then send our Field Operating Services (FOS) people to make sure they built it right, and then help starting up the complex, which is always the hard part. We also do other technical support for the refineries.

Starting in October, I will be moving into the FOS group. So I will be travelling the world, from one refinery to another for about 4-5 years doing that and enjoying many, many cultures. And I'm really pumped to go. But I don't want to wait 8 more months. :cry:

Outside of work, I drink too much, play football (not the american crap), ultimate frisbee, mountain biking, martial arts, and some more drinking. I'm also doing floor hockey (no skating) right now, but I'm quite bad.

back in the box,
rob
(I need caffeine, damnit)

Hmmmm... Do I really have to answer this? >:eek:P
I work in hell! Ikea-hell! :eek:) Yupp, I sell furniture and other
stupid things that people think looks really cool, and think
they need! >:eek:P It's hard work, but I decide myself when I
want to work, and how much, pluss the money is better
than any other place :eek:)

I dunno.... I'd love to try something else, but I am really
picky about these things, so I ended up in the worst place
ever! Hehe.... >:eek:P Seriously, I'd be just as bored in
another job, cause I don't have a proper education yet, so
I won't get an interesting job....

I'm also studying webdesign, but at the moment I'm
wondering if I've got what it takes.... I'm not feeling
creative these days..... But I love media, journalism etc, so
there has to be something of that in the future.... internet,
newspapers, magazines etc, anything :eek:)

Im taking a hiatus off from school, because I hate it. But may eventually head to MIT [Massaschusets Institute of Technology] in Cambridge, MA, USA. The school is one of the best tech schools in the world, and I'd be majoring in aerospace engineering. Yay, fuck school. I otherwise play music way too much, and might just go to Berklee and do percussion and composition and production instead. Right now I work vinyl siding when I need quick $$$, or do some sessions around town. I did public relations and shit for this modeling agency... but, that market died a lot with the economy, so I wasnt getting paid enough to deal with snobby little bitches all day long. Within the next week may work at the fitness center or do merchandising for wines and spirits, cuz they both pay well.

Jep.

J

I'm a 3rd year psychology student in the shittiest and most disorganized university of Greece :( (that was a good introduction) I hate everything about it and i have really regretted i enrolled there,i have even regretted giving exams and killing myself studying (ok,a bit of exaggeration here) to get into this mess... Idiot me :mad: Apart from the mess that gets on my nerves i also have to study much crap i hate... :cry:
Anyway i still like this science,not every field of it though...I'm mostly interested in Clinical psychology and a bit in neuropsychology...So i really want to get my degree on time (june 2003 i hope *crossing fingers* ) and then go abroad -preferably sweden- and get some kind of postgraduate education,do a master or a PhD or specialization in some kind of psychotherapy or sth...

apart from psychology i am very interested in foreign languages...wanted to be a translator some years ago...(but then decided to go to this messy uni :bah: )...now it's too late...

Computer programmer, mainly trained in Visual Basic, but know a few other lingos ;). Currently unemployed :( Took 6 months to find my first job, got made redundant after 5 months. It was a really cool job, too :(. Actually, yeterday was my 2 month anniversary of getting cut, I didn't even notice. Oh well, not something I really wanted to celebrate, anyway ;)

Currently spending alot of time on the net job-hunting, and waaay too much time at UM.......

I'm in college. this is my last year. graduate in May with a BA in Philosophy and a BS in Matematics. I am the General Manager at the campus radio station so I run that and also take care of most the techy stuff around the station, electronics, that sort of thing. i also play bass in Serberus (see the link below) and we just signed a world wide deal with Cradh/Pavement. I'm gonna get a crap job when i'm done with school and hopefully go on tour for a long long time.