Question for students

I'm studying psychology.....it's my fourth year (&the last i hope).......

i'm not sure what i want to do after that....maybe a master or sth in order to become a psychotherapist......but i also have other interests.... and for the time being i think i would prefer to study nothern languages (skandinavistik) or how it is called, or translation or sth similar.......

Mischievous@What has been so bad with translation???
i would like to know cause i would like to become a translator and maybe this kind of studies is not as interesting as i think????

I'm still in senior high, last year thank god. After that I'm trying to apply to university, not sure what I want to study, if I won't get in there.....I don't know what to do....I just have to wait for a year for another chance, move to own apartment, get little jobs and so on....settle down...

Originally posted by Melancholia
I'm studying psychology.....it's my fourth year (&the last i hope).......

i'm not sure what i want to do after that....maybe a master or sth in order to become a psychotherapist......but i also have other interests.... and for the time being i think i would prefer to study nothern languages (skandinavistik) or how it is called, or translation or sth similar.......

Mischievous@What has been so bad with translation???
i would like to know cause i would like to become a translator and maybe this kind of studies is not as interesting as i think????

I really love languages, and I studied translation because of that. Also I thought that I could translate philosophy or literature books, but where I studied we were prepared for to translate the advisory in tampax packing:err: I`m sure that was not the intellectual life what I had thought...

Originally posted by Mischievous
but where I studied we were prepared for to translate the advisory in tampax packing:err: I`m sure that was not the intellectual life what I had thought...

but why? ;) (j/k)
how sad :( yup,i agree,it's definitely not interesting
it's so boring to translate packages and stuff...i'd love to translate litterature or put subtitles to films......

Good luck with your studies everybody!

I'm still in school - gymnasium - or upper secondary school I think is the english term for it :confused: This is my 2nd year (after this one, only 1 year to go! yay!)
Either way, I'm studying languages - english, german, spanish russian and of course, swedish.
I'm not sure what I want to do when I'm done, but I want to travel a lot and work abroad, and a language education is always good to have... Maybe a university later on, but right now I'm sick of studying.

I'm at Nottingham Trent Uni studying BSc (Hons) Computer Science, first year. I chose it because at the time I thought that there was a desperate shortage of skilled IT people.

Year 11...

Literature (Because it's intereesting, and has babes)

English (Have to do that... too easy)

Maths (To get a good career blah blah)

Media (Make movies and study them, easy... but also hard)

Biology (Moved out of Philosophy into this, because too many christian hating goths in Phil... Bio is cool and easy...learn about bodys and animals and shagging... interesting stuff)

Drama (Fun. Babes.)