What, exactly, do ya do?

I am a senior in high school with no job. I plan to go to college next year in the mountains and will do a general major. I am not too focused on school/career at this point in my life. I just want to make good friendships and have a fun time while I'm here. I don't really have any long-term goals. I just want to experience things and travel. I am going to keep my options open and try to find something I enjoy doing.

Yourdeadgroom: It's a great excuse to get real bloody pissed. Of course, some occasions, it's probably better not to "celebrate." Like the 5 year aniversary of me being single (last summer), I'm pretty glad I was with good friends and not drinking because that would have been a sorry sight.

currently at school... this will be my last year now. and then i will work for 2-3 years with telecomunication... after that i will trye to get into NISS(Nordic Institution for Scene and Studio)... Ill take a studio education... after that.. I will start up my own metal studio :D

I am school:( I have a job too. I work in a laundry. I must oil the machines and clean the workplace. in the future I want to do something with nature, animals or music.:)

quitabusy here....
I study Business Studies/Economics degree...I just changed from Uni but well stil the shit same degree...
I work 27 hours a week delivering pizzas and work some more hours at home for a little company making websites....
the rest of the time...I spend it here or with my ONE

Originally posted by The Nomad
Yourdeadgroom: It's a great excuse to get real bloody pissed. Of course, some occasions, it's probably better not to "celebrate." Like the 5 year aniversary of me being single (last summer), I'm pretty glad I was with good friends and not drinking because that would have been a sorry sight.

:lol: yeah. It's actually lucky that I don't drink. On my last day, I was sooooo in the mood for it, I would've gotten hammered if I had. But I resist :D

Originally posted by Blackspirit
I'm also studying webdesign, but at the moment I'm
wondering if I've got what it takes.... I'm not feeling
creative these days..... But I love media, journalism etc, so
there has to be something of that in the future.... internet,
newspapers, magazines etc, anything :)
I'm interested in all those things too...
I have a kind of idea in my mind...
maybe I should really go for it...

@Fjelltussa... Tussor don´t work. They scare ppl, and tend to the nature...:) Sooo... You scare us, and tend to this board...:D

@Mel... Why would it be to late for you to start study languages and stuff like that now?

@Morg... Try it!! It will be great fun!

Originally posted by Morgana

I'm interested in all those things too...
I have a kind of idea in my mind...
maybe I should really go for it...

Oh, you KNOW I think you should! :eek:)))

What are all your dreams?!
We work, we study, but what do we all
REALLY want to do?!
Me? Anything with music....

@ Phyros & Blackspirit, yes I'm working on it... I always tried to realize my dreams, if it didn't work right away I try later again, but they will never be forgotten!!!
I made a lot of dreams coming true for me. :)

As I keep saying, wishes do come true, if you know...

Being a third year student I think it would be a pity to abandon my studying and start sth else,like translation or sth... it's definitely not late for starting to learn a new language (actually i will start a new one in July :) ),but it's somehow late to restart at a uni to become a teacher for example...
I mean i want to be done with studying,the sooner the better...I want to be financially independent and ..."create" my own family :)
Apart from that i am still interested in getting my degree and do sth that has to do with it...what worries me is that i am not sure if i am the suitable person to become a psychotherapist for example :( Time will tell about this....for now what interests me is to get my degree and get some kind of postgraduate education...

Well Morg, carpe diem! (or carpe noctem, as in my case...:) )

Mel, of course you shouldn´t abort your surrent studying, and throw away those years, but you can always do it afterwards...:) But since you don´t seem to like you uni, maybe not...

-phyros

|ngenius. I'm 21. In theory I'm a computer programmer, but since Ben Laden decided to crash the Twin Towers it seems there are less jobs as computer programmer than before (the internet bussiness had decreased, or almost that's what everybody says nowadays). So, I'm working on technical repairing and fixing of computers, and despite it's a good and easy work, it's not my cup of tea.

I never based my life on my professional occupations, so the fact I'm working my 40 hours each week doesn't fill my life as I want. I'm still waiting and reckoning about my life, saving money to do something isn't still clear in my mind, but it has born and gets higher day by day. I'm thinkin' to study a fourth language, maybe the italian, and learn, learn, leaaaarn!

Living thirsty of music, being a dreamer and an optimistic robot, I'm walking as well as I can through the path of life. And glad to see here are some interesting threads to post in.

|ngenius (spending more time posting here than he tought at the first sight, but glad to do it)

I´m studiying tourism and spanish and working part time in a mental asylum

I don´t know what the hell I´m doing or what my future plan is .. a teacher? hmm...

Originally posted by Phyros
@Fjelltussa... Tussor don´t work. They scare ppl, and tend to the nature...:) Sooo... You scare us, and tend to this board...:D

Haha! Clever lad, you guessed quite right! I just do whatever I feel like, going anywhere I want together with my dear falcon:D And when I'm hungry I just pay my great great grandfather at Dovre a little visit....

Much like winter-frost I'M more or less done with High School. Written exams passed (tho physics was a PAIN IN THE ASS :mad: - the guys that had the idea to test some topic we never had in school deserves to be stringed up ;) Plus the other two topics we could choose from were like "The topic I hate most" and "The thing I never understood" - I went for the most hated one :p) only oral exams left, this friday... history, that will be relaxing :) After that, farewell school :) Until I start to study, but I'll have to do some social work before - instead of army service. So to speak - my ass still belongs to "my country" :mad: :cry:

I'm a student in a informatic engineer school...really hate that shit. I can stand programming (C/C++), i hate maths , physics, electronics and all.....but i'm forced (almost) to do it, and i'll probably get a well payed job in 3 years (if i manage to do it =/).

Actually it would be really cool if i could become a writer as i wish....

Things i like to do in my free time : read, write (poems), philosophy, learn, foreign languages, hear to music, go to concerts, cinema, hang out with friends, smoke, drink, this kind of stuff.

I am in my 1st year of taking a Library Technology course. I only recently graduated from high school (last June). I am the youngest person in my class and possibly the entire college. :cry:

I will probably work in some kind of public library in cataloguing or reference in the future... unless I marry a death metal band member. :D

As for stuff outside of school: I slave over my homework to get the best possible marks, listen to music, and do stuff here. I used to read a lot and have other hobbies, but now I don't have time.

Originally posted by Phildwarf
Actually it would be really cool if i could become a writer as i wish....

Things i like to do in my free time : read, write (poems), philosophy, learn, foreign languages, hear to music, go to concerts, cinema, hang out with friends, smoke, drink, this kind of stuff.

You really should try some writing!!
Sounds like you like it alot, and you
seem to hate what you study....
Follow your dreams! Though it isn't
easy! So, what do you write? :eek:)