What do you guys expect from the next PQ record?

Making the most to showcase both Colin's vocals and, now that the lads have stretched their legs with BA, more dual guitar mayhem! :headbang: Mr Finnie's and Animal's stuff is spot on, keep up the good work there!

Might be hard to balance those things with what I'm about to say but I'd like to see Steve step into the limelight again with some kickass keys too. :kickass:

Thematically, I think PQ have moved away from the clichéd power metal content of yesteryear, so I don't expect warriors riding over mountainside though that would be just as welcome :) I expect a more modern take on things, current affairs and such.

I remember that proggy section of Crunching the Numbers, it'd be interesting to see if that could be built on.

I guess I just want all this energy to carry over into the album. PQ have such a phoenix from the ashes spirit right now, new, fresh and brimming with critical acclaim, I hope they use that momentum to springboard head first into another album, riding that same wave of energy and tempo and in-your-face vibrancy :D

Totally agree with what Dom said... Blood Alliance was powerful and catchy without having the cliché power metal themes and had a really awesome 80s rock vibe to a lot of songs, but with a lot of balls. As Dom said I really hope the energy from Blood Alliance carries over into the new material, with plenty of room to show off Colin's vocals and the kickass duo of Andy and Gav on guitars (Battle Stations is such an awesome album intro!).

Really hope to see more songs like Sacrifice and Better Days while having more speedy tracks like Rising Anew and City of Lies... Power Quest has always been great at that stuff. Whatever the outcome I know it'll be fantastic.

I would like in the next few cycles to have a more modern approach to the WoF, Neverworld, and MnD sound; a throwback album if you will but with more of the sonic evolution in terms of guitar tones and the like. However, I am aware that this might hurt the direction of the bands sound perhaps and I basically agree with Mr. Dom and I want Colin to be part of the new focus and for there to be more dual guitar wisdom and proggy writting style to apply. Of course its all that I want personally, not sure if its an "expectation", per se.

Totally agree with what Dom said... Blood Alliance was powerful and catchy without having the cliché power metal themes and had a really awesome 80s rock vibe to a lot of songs, but with a lot of balls. As Dom said I really hope the energy from Blood Alliance carries over into the new material, with plenty of room to show off Colin's vocals and the kickass duo of Andy and Gav on guitars (Battle Stations is such an awesome album intro!).

Really hope to see more songs like Sacrifice and Better Days while having more speedy tracks like Rising Anew and City of Lies... Power Quest has always been great at that stuff. Whatever the outcome I know it'll be fantastic.

This and what Dom said and I can't really add any more of my thoughts that have already been expressed by others.

I'm gonna be different and say more cheesy power metal! It's what got me into PQ to begin with and it's what I enjoy listening to the most. Magic Never Dies part 2 would be fantastic.

I can't deny that a spiritual successor to MND would make me ruin a good pair of pants. Hearing the band bring out Children of the Dream made me happy as a kid on Christmas last fall, and if we were to get more songs like that or Strikeforce... ahhh god damn I want to headbang just thinking about it! :kickass::kickass:

On a slightly related note, Steve, are some of the synth voices you used on Blood Alliance the same as the ones you used on Neverworld/Magic Never Dies? The sound you use for Better Days sounds very similar to songs like Edge of Time and Children of the Dream, but a bit smoother. Do you carry sounds over from album to album or do you like to use new stuff for each release? I also don't think I've heard the sound in Human Machine, Cemetery Gates, or Civilised? since that album, but I could be wrong :p

I would like a "Neverworld" part II Album (2014 version) that contains a digipack of bonus tracks with Colin singing the best of PQ songs picked by the forum members only (maybe) - forum/FB members can purchase the rights for their name to be in the credits to help finance the album or even pre-purchase the album in order to get the bonus tracks limited edition version etc etc ....:headbang:

On a slightly related note, Steve, are some of the synth voices you used on Blood Alliance the same as the ones you used on Neverworld/Magic Never Dies? The sound you use for Better Days sounds very similar to songs like Edge of Time and Children of the Dream, but a bit smoother. Do you carry sounds over from album to album or do you like to use new stuff for each release? I also don't think I've heard the sound in Human Machine, Cemetery Gates, or Civilised? since that album, but I could be wrong :p

Good questions dude.....the Better Days sound is very much modelled on Edge of Time. That sound started off on the Triton Pro and was ported over to the Extreme and then tweaked a little bit there.

The MOI sounds were very much specific to that record and only the lead sound from Civilised and Human Machine has been carried forward and is used on a number of songs "live". The more "modern" edge to some of those sounds on that record really didn't seem to sit well with a lot of people...I guess those who expect the same style of record over and over again.

I would like a "Neverworld" part II Album (2014 version) that contains a digipack of bonus tracks with Colin singing the best of PQ songs picked by the forum members only (maybe) - forum/FB members can purchase the rights for their name to be in the credits to help finance the album or even pre-purchase the album in order to get the bonus tracks limited edition version etc etc ....:headbang:

Great Scott, that would be fantastic! What an idea! YES PLEASE! I'll take 10!

Also I can't believe none of us has mentioned a release of the infamous Tragedy Suite :p

In regard the above:

tumblr_m52nfsSJkO1r0ntbq.jpg

And I must say I am also not in the know about the 'Tragedy Suite'. An epic song that has yet to be released or something around those lines?

The number of times I've been asked about this.......:)

Unfortunately no......a section of that actually got reworked into one of the songs off the last album so I'm afraid "The Tragedy Suite" is lost forever

You tease! Which song is it? :lol:

Oh, and yes, I bet crowdfunding would be a great success for Power Quest. It's working for Timo Tolkki even after he went off the deep end numerous times and made a bunch of bombs, I bet PQ could really benefit from that!