What do you like ?

Hertzy11

New Metal Member
Oct 9, 2008
Hey ! I was wondering what make you like a song, album or band? The music, the vocal, The lyrics(Or you just don't care of it)? I was just wondering?

ps: Sorry for my english

I rate the quality of a band strictly based on the name of the band. Like, Iron Maiden. That's totally fucking badass. I mean, it's like, a fucking torture device. Could it get more metal than that?

And then there's Metallica. What the fuck kinda name is that. They think they are the metal? Pretentious fuckers.

I enjoy my music as a whole, so I expect everything (arrangements, vocals, lyrics) to be at least decent (though there are exceptions).

It depends on the style of music. With different genres, I'm attracted to different things. Generally the music has to be good of course, with nothing that is bad enough to turn me away (ie. horrible vocals, embarassingly bad lyrics etc). The closer a band is to my personal tastes, the more chance there is that I will enjoy it.

Yeah I like the riff too but when i hear something like cannibal corpse with vocal like that I try but I don't know why I can't enjoy it..

*I have nothing against Cannibal Corpse*

Do you take the time to read the lyrics and try to understant what they mean or i'm the only one who DOESN'T do that and don't really care of the lyrics?

I enjoy my music as a whole, so I expect everything (arrangements, vocals, lyrics) to be at least decent (though there are exceptions).

This, pretty much. Although I can still enjoy a song if one part of the band is lacking, so long as the other facets of the song are strong.

(Wow, my english sounds horribly deformed there. Oh well, too tired to change it.)

my ears and my brain. is it correct???

tbh, i have no idea, cuz i like simple and complex harmonies, like napalm death and dixie dregs, funny and reflectives lyrics, like tankard and nevermore, soft and brutal riffs, like kaipa and malevolent creation, so, i don't have a pattern to follow. if something sounds cool to me, i just include it in my band list.

I don't know if its possible but i'll try by asking.. Is there any tips to help me to pass over the vocal(When you hear nothing except someone "burp" in the mic) in some death metal band? Because I like the music in some songs but the vocal kills it for me everytime..

ps:Sorry for my english

I don't know if its possible but i'll try by asking.. Is there any tips to help me to pass over the vocal(When you hear nothing except someone "burp" in the mic) in some death metal band? Because I like the music in some songs but the vocal kills it for me everytime..

Try paying attention to the music and not the vocals. It takes time to get used to and not everyone ends up liking growls or screams in their music.

ps:Sorry for my english

Well, I don't think you should try to like a genre, it should just come naturally to you. So, I would suggest exploring bands that are a bit heavier than what you listen to, but whose vocals aren't as guttural or harsh as those used in death metal. I'm sure if you find interest in bands who are heavier, it may spark your desire to seek more aggressive, heavier music. I'm not sure what bands you are into though...