What do you think if Opeth release...

Speedkill said:
Good lord, he posted a topic not about Metallica. :p

To answer: Might be cool, I'd rather have a live DVD, though.

Oh yes Speedkill a live DVD will be fucking killer man...just imagine that...all the videos, interviews, photo gallery...oh god!!!

If any menber of the band read these topic, please make a live album or DVD we the fans die to have some stuff like that!!!

I've never seen Opeth live as of yet, so i wouldn't really be able to elaborate on that. I do however think it would be pretty cool if they released a double cd with both D1 and D2. I would probably purchase it.

I read in an Interview with Mikael where he said that their record label was pushing them to make a Live DVD, and that they surly would release one in the Future...

Episode 666 said:
I read in an Interview with Mikael where he said that their record label was pushing them to make a Live DVD, and that they surly would release one in the Future...

This is one of the best news i read this week...also de D1 and D2 doble release will be killer!!!

Episode 666 said:

I read this in an interview aswell. I also thought he said that he finds live albums unintresting and boring, so he doesn't plan on making an Opeth one. But the DVD did sound like something that would be done in the future, which I must say I much looking forward too :headbang:

The Shape said:
I read this in an interview aswell. I also thought he said that he finds live albums unintresting and boring, so he doesn't plan on making an Opeth one. But the DVD did sound like something that would be done in the future, which I must say I much looking forward too !:headbang:

Common Mickael just do it for the fans...

i would only think a live album would be interesting if it was some kind of "special" show
not just some cd with live tracks put together from different shows, with extra crowd noise put in there, and sub par sound quality

but a live dvd, with interviews and "behind the scenes" type stuff would be cool + interesting

A re-release double pack of D&D with bonus tracks, if it was endorsed by the band (not just put out by the money-hungry label), would see the end of my support for Opeth.

A live album (not DVD, I don't have one) would be cool though.

bleed for me said:
a live album would be good but the songs off BWP wouldn't sound that great because the production on the album enhances the songs greatly
Ehhh, I don't know... When they played "Leper Affinity" at the NYC show I went to a few months back, it sounded amazing. Production or no production, the strength lies in the quality of the songwriting...

John Gargo said:
Ehhh, I don't know... When they played "Leper Affinity" at the NYC show I went to a few months back, it sounded amazing. Production or no production, the strength lies in the quality of the songwriting...

Agreed, although I haven't seen them live yet (I'm seeing them this summer!).
A live album would be great, but I'm sick of bands/labels re-releasing albums after one year they were originally released, and put on one bonustrack, just to make money.

diospada said:
a limited edition to 500 copies live DVD is the way to go.........

WHAT? why limited... that means I would be harder to get and I wouldn´t be able get it i´d piss my self... pffft