What do you think of Maiden's touring schedule?

Mr. Hyde

Guitar, Bass
Apr 27, 2001
Visit site
Unless they changed it since I last checked, they are only playing a few shows in the U.S. and I think I saw one show listed in Canada. I don't get it. I saw them twice on the last tour and both shows were packed. I don't know if I'll be able to go this time, darn...I was looking forward to the new show. :(

what do I think? Bleah! they are only playing LA and NYC in the US. this means my only option is to drive 5 hours to se them. i'm not sure if i can.

I read the reason Jim but I'm dissappointed that they feel that we don't want to see the new show too. I'm in the same boat as you Rabies. Unless I drive down to southern Ca. I won't have a chance to see them either.

I've had a sneaking suspicion that Maiden doesn't feel it's a priority to play the new stuff in the US anymore. I hate to say it, but they probably got the impression from the loads of cement heads here who (reportedly) booed the new stuff while screaming for Run to the Hills for the 50 billionth time.

It happened a bit here in Pittsburgh, and from what I've picked up from the forums, etc it happened in alot of places.

Hate to think it's true, but the US fans may be getting just what so many of em asked for... no new tours, just "Greatest Hits" tours. And maybe soon, no tours at all. :ill:

My wife kept bugging me at the last Maiden show here in Pittsburgh, asking me why I wasn't as rowdy and psyched as I usually am... I told her because I didn't think that Maiden was ever gonna play here again. At least certainly not in the big amphitheatre. Hope like hell I'm wrong, but I I got that feeling at that show, and nothing has changed my mind in the time since then.

That probably explains Bruce's attitude last tour. I saw them twice and he made negative comments at both shows about people who only bought the first few albums and don't want to hear anything new.
Personally, I'm tired of the hearing the same old songs and wish they would put some effort into promoting the new material.
I wonder if they've lost sight of the fact that they are entertainers and are being paid to entertain. The crowd isn't there to make them feel good!

I agree Mr.Hyde.

And really from a marketing standpoint, they only need to look at BNWs numbers to see that there's still loads of sales to be made by drumming up support through touring the US on a large scale.

In fact, here in Pittsburgh "Wildest Dreams" got a pretty warm reception, despite being new. I think Maiden would do well to realize that the devoted fans who want to hear the new stuff live far exceed the vocal minority who doesn't.

It was a dropoff from the BNW tour, but here Maiden still put a good 8-9 thousand asses in the seats, and that's nothing to sneeze at. Especially here in Pittsburgh where people are a little dead-assed about things like concerts sometimes.