What does the future hold for Anthema?

requiem

I bleed sir, but not killed
Jul 6, 2001
Australia
I wonder how far Anthema will go in exploring the gentler aspects of music? I'm almost enticed into saying I don't want them to go much further, but with A Fine Day to Exit they seem to be getting better!

I'm interested to know from the fans, how far is too far?

Personally I hope they don't go much further down the path of electornics or experimentation... although they haven't let me down yet...

There's no such thing as "too far" in music. Anathema already have an identity, despite all the obvious quotes and influences in their songs, so they won't lose it anyway. Notice how their music becomes more and more intricate with each album - "A Fine Day to Exit" is the pinnacle of intricacy, and is quite harsher in sounds than "Judgement". Exploring the gentle sounds will work. And I hope they go down the path of experimentation and be more daring.

They just need to dump the naive idea of "being worthy of recognition".

D Mullholand

I totally agree with D Mulholland, there is no "too far" in music, experimentation is always good if it's done well. I guess no one can say though what Anathema will sound like in their next album, and I doubt if the band even knows that. I'd surely like to hear them add a few psychedelic elements (like early Pink Floyd in the music), but whatever they do i don't think they'll disappoint us.