What does the title of Opeth's third Opus: My Arms, Your Hearse stand for?

Well a hearse is where they lay the dead so I'm thinking that he's holding a dead person in his arms, possibly the woman in the story of the album. I don't know but that's what I think.

Mr.Kocken has it. If you search around for intevriews with Mike for bound to find it.

Mike has a habit of taking titles from other bands. Thief he is.

Well, seems kind of unfair for the other ban. None to mention the lack of creativity it shows...

Well a hearse is where they lay the dead so I'm thinking that he's holding a dead person in his arms, possibly the woman in the story of the album. I don't know but that's what I think.
Actually the story is from the mans view, who died. He is observing the woman. Sorry to sound snobby.

Originally posted by svenske kocken
My Arms, Your Hearse is the title of a song on some record by some progrock band. Or something like that...

It's a line in the lyrics of a song, not the title of the song...

Band: Comus
Album: First Utterance
Song: Drip Drip

From 1972 I do believe...

i think that them using other peoples stuff, shows the other band respect. For such an awsome band like opeth to use some of my lyrics i think i would die.

A Hearse is what they called the wagon or cart that would be used to carry the body of a dead person to their final resting place. These days, think of a Hearse, as those big long black cars at funerals.

My Arms, your Hearse, to me sounds like a morbid likening of My Arms carrying you off to your final resting place.