What does your forum name mean?

The screen name is not for Van Halen. Although we both picked the name for the same reason. Its an old police call number for "lunatic on the loose". As for the avatar, I am fan of the band Stride and Joel Gregoire (Stride's guitarist).

Very interesting thread...

My nick came from a vacation that my wife and I took in Nashville with a bunch of people we met from a chatroom in talkcity.
We were out partying and doing dumb shit, and something I did elicited the comment,"...you are twisted!!! Jesus!" At that point I said to my self...I am twisted jesus, hence the nickname. I also earned my email address when one of the lovely ladies from the same gathering, while on the phone to my wife a week or so later, said..."I hate to tell you,Boogie isn't the saint that you think he is(boogie being my nick at the time). I took that as my email address...Saint Boogie, just hoping to piss that darling lady off.

I used to use the name "Cyclonus" online (on various metal forums and other stuff), in the mid-to-late 90's.... it was the name of a character from The Transformers (my favorite character was actually Starscream, but that was already taken at the first place I registered, so I chose "Cyclonus" because it sounded cool). Around 1998 - 1999 I started actually meeting online people in person, and it got sorta confusing, since they knew me as "Cyclonus", but I never used that name in real life. So I decided to just start using my real name online to make things simpler. Plus, my real name is weird enough that no one is likely to get me mixed up with anyone else anyway, so there's not much reason to bother with a handle at this point.

Venom is my favorite band and I live in GA... my Avatar is a play on one of their albums (At War With Satan) that a buddy of mine changed to At War With Stan:devil:

I used to use the name "Cyclonus" online (on various metal forums and other stuff), in the mid-to-late 90's.... it was the name of a character from The Transformers (my favorite character was actually Starscream, but that was already taken at the first place I registered, so I chose "Cyclonus" because it sounded cool). Around 1998 - 1999 I started actually meeting online people in person, and it got sorta confusing, since they knew me as "Cyclonus", but I never used that name in real life. So I decided to just start using my real name online to make things simpler. Plus, my real name is weird enough that no one is likely to get me mixed up with anyone else anyway, so there's not much reason to bother with a handle at this point.

It takes a special kind of magic to get away with calling yourself Cyclonus in real life. :lol:

I had a gaming friend and the first few times I hung out with him other people actually were addressing him by his screenname Diablo. In person. We'd be walking down the street to grab pizza or something and people going by would be like "Hey Diablo! What's up!"

It was kind of cool though because he was part of a local video-gaming community that did gather to hang out in person at arcades. In today's gaming world where usually each 1 or 2 person(s) connect via internet from their homes via Xbox or whatever, this is on a major downswing.

When I first signed up back in the day, my nickname was Aeturnia - the name of one of my D&D characters from back in the day. Got tired of that, so a few years ago switched to dragongrrrl. Big fan of all things dragon, figured it was appropriate. Not terribly original, but whatever. :)