what elsE?

deliverance

ecnareviled
Aug 12, 2003
NJ, usa
www.audioscrobbler.com
i know most of the big fans feel this..but, i just must type this. opeth has truly taken over a huge part of my life, i absolutely fuckin treasure their music. i listen to them everyday, i almost need to. they are incredible. i think they will be my top band for a long time. i've seen them twice live, and can't wait till they come back after their european/austrailian tour. someone im me to chat. sn=slayerisg0d (that is a zero) or swedishxmetal. later dudes.

well. opeth aren't my fave band, but they are among my top 3 for sure (together with nevermore who are my fave and death). they are among the few bands that never made an album i don't like!

i went through a period where i heard absolutely NO opeth, and i didn't miss them a whole lot really, i listened to a lot of death metal mostly and some old stuff of mine... but then i went back... i dont listen to them everyday, but they do come on the playlist sometime in the week

I went through that Opeth phase. Now I'm in my millionth Led Zeppelin stage. Led Zeppelin = greatest rock band on Earth. Don't even argue. You can't win. You don't want to hear my Led Zeppelin rant.

I think the reason I like them even more these days is from my blues guitar playing. Blues/rock guitar is amazing, and I think Jimmy Page captured it perfectly. Hendrix came close, but Page was the absolute master of it.

deliverance said:
i know most of the big fans feel this..but, i just must type this. opeth has truly taken over a huge part of my life, i absolutely fuckin treasure their music. i listen to them everyday, i almost need to. they are incredible. i think they will be my top band for a long time. i've seen them twice live, and can't wait till they come back after their european/austrailian tour. someone im me to chat. sn=slayerisg0d (that is a zero) or swedishxmetal. later dudes.

I know exactly how you feel.... the same thing happened to me and Opeth shot up to my #1 spot of favorite bands.... not a day went by when I didn't listen to a shitload of Opeth. Now however the shock has worn off and I am kinda over that phase.... thats not saying much though, Opeth are still in my top 3 favorite bands and I still listen to them plenty.

Yeah, for a while they were all I listened to. Then I went through the phases. Faith No More phase. Police phase. Pantera phase. My 15th Sepultura phase. In Flames phase. Mudvayne phase. Shadows Fall/Killswitch Engage phase, yada, yada...

Now, I've finally gotten back into them, although they've always been near the top. Always.

i'M IN AN OPETH PASE THE LAST THREE FUCKING YEARS....MY GIRLFRIEND IS GETTING SICK OF THEM...
MY PHASES ARE VERY LONG. I HADE MY MAIDEN PHASE, THEN METALLICA, NOW OPETH. ALL THE WAY THROUGH THERE ALWAYS WAS SLAYER, MEGADETH, ARCH ENEMY (LAST YEAR), THIN LIZZY, TYPE O NEGATIVE, TESTAMENT, METALLICA, MAIDEN, THE GATHERINGPARADISE LOST, SEPULTURA, SUICIDAL TENDENCIES, CHRIS ISAAK ETC. ETC.

My phases last months. First it was my Tool phase (haha) and now Opeth. Tool is still my favorite band though. My Opeth phase has lasted about eight months now. =P
I want to go into a Led Zeppelin phase... of course, I'll probably go into a Porcupine Tree phase first. Hmm.

First I went through a Boston phase. That's right, Boston. Then it was Metallica, then Megadeth, then In Flames, then Iced Earth, then back to In Flames, then Opeth. I've been stuck on Opeth for a long time.

Someone mentioned KSE. Haven't heard their name here before. I still like their second album a lot.

i listened to opeth quite a bit several years ago...but the last 3 or 4 albums i havent liked nearly as much as the earlier ones, so i find myself listening to opeth less and less every time they release an album. but i still listen to them a few times a month id say.

I absolutely love Opeth, however I found myself listening to them WAY TOO much and decided to take a break from the band. I went 10 days without hearing Opeth and I would to like to say that I didnt feel deprived in anyway. I took the break from Opeth intentionally because I thought it was preventing me from listening to other music. Since my break, I find myself listening to about 8 hours a day still, but less Opeth. ^_^

!:kickass: I propose a toast to Credence.

What's your favorite song by them? I'd have to say Born on the Bayou or Proud Mary. Yes it's very cliche but those ARE their best songs. I love all of them though. :)

EDIT: I forgot the toast... "TO CREDENCE. Which is the best rock and roll band ever (because Led Zeppelin is hard rock)"

illbeleavinnow said:
I went through that Opeth phase. Now I'm in my millionth Led Zeppelin stage. Led Zeppelin = greatest rock band on Earth. Don't even argue. You can't win. You don't want to hear my Led Zeppelin rant.

I think the reason I like them even more these days is from my blues guitar playing. Blues/rock guitar is amazing, and I think Jimmy Page captured it perfectly. Hendrix came close, but Page was the absolute master of it.
Yes they are absolutely fantastic... III is in top 3 of albums all-time definetly!

errr, its a toss up between Hey Tonight and Have You Ever Seen the Rain. regardless, i have a 3 disc set of theirs with over 4 hours of music, and i love the whole damn thing!

and in response to the toast, CHEERS! :wave: