WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO ALAN THOMAS

Rabbit

Old School Bastard
Aug 25, 2005
In the 80's in Melbourne there was a guy who we all canned but secretly we loved his dedication to the music, he played Metal on 3RRR any time he could, he worked hard he interviewed the stars, he even got Ozzie...not bad for a nobody non comercial station dj. One night a local band and crew showed him we loved him by disguising themselves breaking into the station whilst he did his midnight show and held at gun point, gaffa taped him to his chair and took over the show. Once he realised he wasnt going to die he loved it....the man was Alan Thomas and I recently heard a rumour that he died. Can anyone tell me what happened. Cheers, Rabbit

Rabbit said:
In the 80's in Melbourne there was a guy who we all canned but secretly we loved his dedication to the music, he played Metal on 3RRR any time he could, he worked hard he interviewed the stars, he even got Ozzie...not bad for a nobody non comercial station dj. One night a local band and crew showed him we loved him by disguising themselves breaking into the station whilst he did his midnight show and held at gun point, gaffa taped him to his chair and took over the show. Once he realised he wasnt going to die he loved it....the man was Alan Thomas and I recently heard a rumour that he died. Can anyone tell me what happened. Cheers, Rabbit

Hey Rabbit, welcome !!!! Great story there, sure someone will be able to help you, if that isn't Melbourne in Australia you're talking about ???

There are another Melbourne? Anyway, I'm sure Trixxi or Igor can add something.

The ABC site offers access to its annual reports, strategic plans, inquiry submissions and other documents. Ken Inglis' This is the ABC (Melbourne: Melbourne Uni Press 1984) is invaluable but reflects its origins as an official history of the national broadcaster. Alan Thomas' Broadcast & Be Damned: The ABC's First Two Decades (Melbourne: Oxford Uni Press 1980) is a quasi-official history.

P.S. Welcome to the jungle Rabbit.