What Evergrey song means to you and it's influence in life

Splitnex13

New Metal Member
Feb 5, 2008
yes...
if u dont get it... Post here what evergrey song you think has to do whit your IRL influence...

well...

Mark of the triangle here... Sometimes it feels like someone is watching me.... a voice in my head that never leaves me.... It's scary shit....

Evergreys music touches me as a whole. while i can listen to the whole In search of truth album and it gives me a whole different feeling then the Inner circle.

The song for me though is The Encounter.

Without to much detail. there are parts of all of our lives that were scary and very painfull. The encounter touches me on a private level.

the music in the Encounter is first class as well..

On a side note. the Fan community for Evergrey Sucks. People need to me more open and enjoy the forum Evergrey has given us to have some fun with. the are a amazing band and we should be amazing fans. can we please have some love for eachother?

I have a few actually.

Closure
Unspeakable
As I Lie Here Bleeding

It's funny, but I don't even like MMA that much. But there's something in those texts that I just can't let go of.

For me the song that I feel the biggest connection to is The Great Deciever. Every single line is completely true for me, and I can really connect with it. Makes me think about the inner part of me that masquerades as my friend but just brings me down and will stop at nothing but to destroy everything for me...
Really deep song, one of their best!

The whole "In Search Of Truth" album is too precious and personal to me. It reminds me a lot of my past. Although it's a concept album on alien abductions, the album seems to me as if a part of my life is already mentioned in the lyrics.

No matter how many times I listen to "Different Worlds", I end up crying heavily. Even songs like "The Shocking Truth", "As I Lie Here Bleeding", "Faith Restored" and "Closure" are very personal to me also.

Gosh how could i forgot

Recreation day... I lost one of my friends 3 years ago in a carcrash...
and a old lady i used to help and be at her house etc talking to her also passed away same year...

And i have had so many nightmares about that long time ago.. they are gone though....

and closure... This somehows Touch me.. Every Relationship i have is getting broken ... The ppl i really love leaves me after a while.. making me feel hatred at them....

and everytime i get dumped by a girlfriend or anything like that i always listen to I'm Sorry....

i never can be Perfect for the girls i meet.. first they love me and after 3-7 months they brake up and next day she is togheter whit someone else

it have happend 2 times... Déjá Vú.

Definitely Waking up blind. Don't want to get in to details but definitely waking up blind.

Waking up blind <-- one more vote for that one!

It always reminds me that whenever I think I've known something for certain, then suddenly it's like it was just a lie, a mental construct, a clinging... and then it feels like I'm waking up blind and have to catch my breath and start looking for something new to believe in.... so I can go through it once again...

am I making sence??? :loco:

Definately for me it is "Your Darkest Hour". Everyone has certain moments in their lives where something or many things happen that put them at their worst. You kind of build your own personal realm of negativity and sort of become reliant on basking in all things negative. You sort of forget about the positive things in life, but in the end it is those positive things that slowly bring you back to your normal state of mind in an unconscious manner.

On a side not, after watching the "Torn" trailer like a billion times now, it is safe to say that I think "Broken Wings" will be a favorite of mine. Both the music and lyrics seem to be outstanding in my opinion.