What Films Did You Watch This Week

Has anyone here seen 'Land of the Dead' yet?? Im Dying ;-) to see it but im just to busy, i guess i will maybe have to wait for the DVD .

If any of you guys have seen it, could you let me know if its worth the wait, if its any good or not....Waited years for this movie to be made!!!

cheers!

:headbang::headbang:

valanx said:
Has anyone here seen 'Land of the Dead' yet?? Im Dying ;-) to see it but im just to busy, i guess i will maybe have to wait for the DVD .

If any of you guys have seen it, could you let me know if its worth the wait, if its any good or not....Waited years for this movie to be made!!!
cheers!

Land Of The Dead is out in the U.K. on the 5th of August!! :D

I don't really care if other people think its good or not, cos im really really looking forward to it (my favourite films are zombie movies).:zombie:
Oh yes, please dont post any spoilers on here, i don't want to hear anything about what happens in it :erk:

CRUSADER747 said:
Land Of The Dead is out in the U.K. on the 5th of August!! :D

Cheers CRU ! Thats awesome news mate. I was sure it had been out weeks ago coz of all the reviews i had seen about (didnt read any of em tho..no way!) Ive gotta make sure i can make a special day now and go see it, i cant wait..

Yeah, i should of been clearer on what i was asking in my other post, i just want some one to say "yeah its awesome!!!" please guys no spoilers ok!!!!

Love zombie movies myself, im a pretty diehard collector of the genre, il post what i have later...Im too tired to go look now lol

Just back from my hols a few days ago that's why I've not been on for a while.

Saw a couple of films recently Batman Begins - that was brilliant - definitely the best of the Batman movies - highly recommended even if you're not into Batman - its brilliant.

War of the Worlds - wow what can I say - absolutely awesome. I thought Sin City was the best movie of all time but I think WOTW is the best movie I've ever seen. Non stop action from the word go, sensational effects, a totally riveting movie - drop everything right now and go see it. My bladder was at burstingpoint half way through the movie but no way was I leaving my seat cos I didn't want to miss one single second of the film. Marks out of 10 - 50 million out of 10!!!!!!!

Hoping to see The Descent over the weekend - looks like its a film that will creep you out bigtime - and that's what I like!!!!

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Hoping to see The Descent over the weekend - looks like its a film that will creep you out bigtime - and that's what I like!!!!

Yeah i keep hearing how gory it is, i gotta see it....I love me gore!!

Watched 2 DVDs this week as well. Flight of the Phoenix which was quite good. No blood or gore right enough but reasonably good film about a plane crash and the survivors have got to try and figure a way of getting out of the desert before their water/food supplies run out. It's not brilliant but it passes a couple of hours alright, plods along nicely. Quote of the film was "Well he's no getting any of my peaches" - you need to watch the film but I fell about laughing at that. Marks out of 10 - probably almost a 7.

Constantine - heard mixed reports about this one but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of excellent effects but the story could have been a wee bit better. Only watch this film if you're into demons, angels and half breeds - a sort of religious supernatural thriller type thingy. I would give it 7 and a half.

Oh yeah and I didn't know one of the most adorable men on the planet was in it. Couldn't think who he was at first, obviously thought he was some well known actor, then when he walked into the shop when the guy was trying to drink the alcohol that wouldn't come out the bottles, I realised who it was. I was pretty sure it was Gavin Rossdale but obviously when he's in the band his hair isn't as short and slicked back as that and he's never prancing about in a poxy suit. I was dying to hear him talk cos if he spoke with English accent then I knew it was him, and he did speak and it was in an English accent. Checked the credits anyhoo just to make sure, and yes it was him. Hmmmmm very tasty. Also good to hear a wee bit of APC in there as well, so that was a wee bit of Bush and A Perfect Circle in Constantine, not bad!!

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Constantine -

I didn't know one of the most adorable men on the planet was in it.

Nope, i was NOT in that film sorry!! :tickled: But thanks for the compliment anyway!

Im planning on watching 'The Descent' tonight! cant wait !!!

Went out the other night there to see THE FANTASTIC FOUR and it was amazing. Really fancied it then someone told me it wasn't up to much, but they were wrong, it was brilliant. Definitely another film for youse to go and check out, very highly recommended!!!!

CRUSADER747 said:
Land Of The Dead will not be out on the 5th of august. :erk:
It will now be released on the 9th of September :Smug:

:yell: God!!! as if the wait since 1985 after 'day of the dead' has not been enough, that news just prolly ruined my evening and now im gonna have to get extremely intoxicated by the darkcider of the force...or whatever else i can get my hands on.....er...Cheers CRU!!!

:erk:

Paxoman said:
I watched Driller Killer on dvd the other night. Ah they don't make films like that anymore, which is probably just as well! :lol:

I bought driller killer myself from music zone last year sometime, still have not found the time or desire to watch it, the image quality of the dvd looked awfull ! Mabye i will dig it out one night and give it a go at the weekend.

valanx said:
I bought driller killer myself from music zone last year sometime, still have not found the time or desire to watch it, the image quality of the dvd looked awfull ! Mabye i will dig it out one night and give it a go at the weekend.

Yeah I bought it from Music zone as well, for £2.97! The image quality is absolutely awful, it's like it is just taken off an old video! But I suppose that is what you get for £2.97!

Paxoman said:
Yeah I bought it from Music zone as well, for £2.97! The image quality is absolutely awful, it's like it is just taken off an old video! But I suppose that is what you get for £2.97!

Yeah i had a look at it again earlier, its like a very dodgy vhs transfer, i dont think i can stand to watch it.....Maybe i will shove it on ebay and try and get back the £2.97 i also spent lol

I hired Driller Killer from blockbusters about 7 years ago. It used to be banned in the U.K. but its now just cut (some of the drilling in the head bits). Its worth watching mabey once (preferably after a few pints lol).
This week i went to the old Harrogate Odeon to see Skeleton Key. It was watchable, nothing special.

I quite fancy seeing that Skeleton Key myself, my sister said it was good.
The wait for 'Land of the Dead' is unbearable!!!! And the Trailer just doesnt give enough of a taste! Hopefully the wait shall be rewarded with plentyfull gorefilled zombie mayhem.....

I might watch 'Dawn of the Dead' remake again tonight, i love that dvd, those extras rule, especially the Andy video diary!! And the news report! Wish more dvds would put in that kind of effort with extras instead of meaningless outtakes that were taken out just for the dvd anyway! RE2 had like 20 deleted scenes wtf!!!

Hey up crusader747 I saw some shite gore fest zombie thing last night with Dennis Hopper.Is this the film you have looking forward to seeing?You seem to like that kinda stuff so i think you will enjoy it.MKe I love that kinda dumbass gorefest when i am in the mood but i think you can only do so much with zombies.As for horror in genera i am afraid i would rather read the book.

If you do like books may i surgest The Wasp Factory by Ian Banks.

WILKS said:
Hey up crusader747 I saw some shite gore fest zombie thing last night with Dennis Hopper.Is this the film you have looking forward to seeing?You seem to like that kinda stuff so i think you will enjoy it.MKe I love that kinda dumbass gorefest when i am in the mood but i think you can only do so much with zombies.As for horror in genera i am afraid i would rather read the book.

If you do like books may i surgest The Wasp Factory by Ian Banks.

Yes, dennis hopper is in land Of the Dead!! My fave films are Zombie movies, i LOVE em. P.S. I don't read books, cant stand them, unles they are full of pictures of naked women of course :loco: :headbang: :worship: