What Films Did You Watch This Week

CRUSADER747 said:
My fave films are Zombie movies

Thats Cool m8, Just wondering do you actively collect zombie movies on dvd/vhs/other ;) and if so, just out of interest, any chance of posting a list here of what you have??

valanx said:
Yeah i had a look at it again earlier, its like a very dodgy vhs transfer, i dont think i can stand to watch it.....Maybe i will shove it on ebay and try and get back the £2.97 i also spent lol

Nah keep it valanx, it's hardly worth getting rid of a 'classic' (what kind of classic I am not really sure! :lol: , especially when it only cost £2.97!

I wasn't really looking forward to watching Driller Killer, because I seem to remember being scared when I watched it the first time round (when I was just a nipper). But when I did watch it, there was nothing to be scared of! I suspect the version I have is the edited version, because as Crusader said, the film was banned, and I seem to remember my brother getting an under the counter copy of the film!

Paxoman said:
Nah keep it valanx, it's hardly worth getting rid of a 'classic' (what kind of classic I am not really sure! :lol: , especially when it only cost £2.97!

I wasn't really looking forward to watching Driller Killer, because I seem to remember being scared when I watched it the first time round (when I was just a nipper). But when I did watch it, there was nothing to be scared of! I suspect the version I have is the edited version, because as Crusader said, the film was banned, and I seem to remember my brother getting an under the counter copy of the film!

It looks like Im going to have to watch it now i think!!! lol
Seems like lots of those Zombie/Gory films vipco etc. release are just edited versions of the banned originals. Some of the supposedly uncut dvds i have bought mainly from music zone actually! have been cut when i compare them to versions i have downloaded.

Im after an uncut version of 'Nightmare City' great film that one!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080931/ im certain that the uk retail version is cut!

valanx said:
It looks like Im going to have to watch it now i think!!! lol
Seems like lots of those Zombie/Gory films vipco etc. release are just edited versions of the banned originals. Some of the supposedly uncut dvds i have bought mainly from music zone actually! have been cut when i compare them to versions i have downloaded.

Im after an uncut version of 'Nightmare City' great film that one!!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080931/ im certain that the uk retail version is cut!
Sounds like a good film that, i haven't seen or heard of it before (i'll have to look out for it).
Here is a list of all the zombie films i have (not including evil dead, demons, or other non Zombies)...
night of the living dead
dawn of the dead
day of the dead
night of the living dead (1990 remake)
dawn of the dead (2004 remake)
zombie flesh eaters
zombie flesh eaters 2
zombie flesh eaters 3
zombie holocaust
the zombie dead
zombie creeping flesh
return of the living dead
return of the living dead part 2
return of the living dead part 3
zombie nosh
city of the living dead
the dead pit (has some zombies in it)
resident evil
resident evil apocalypse
28 days later
the beyond (has some zombies in it)
shaun of the dead

thats all i can think of at the moment............

Thats an Impressive list for sure Cru! Some classics indeed!!
Going by that you should love 'Nightmare City' its one of my favs!!
'The Dead Pit' that rings a bell, its set in a Mental Home? right? If its the one im thinking of, i dont own it but ive seen it, really cool flick!

Heres my list anyways, as u will see its pretty similar! Do u shop at music zone also ??? lol

Night of the living dead (I have this on dvd twice, one from DT box set!)
Dawn of the Dead (Dead Trilogy box set DVD)
Day of the Dead (Dead Trilogy box set DVD also have on VHS)
Dawn of the Dead (2004 awesome remake DVD)
Children of the Living Dead (DVD)
Zombie Flesh Eaters (DVD)
Zombie Flesh Eaters II (DVD)
Zombie Flesh Eaters III (DVD)
Zombie Holcaust (DVD)
Zombie Dead (DVD its cut!!!!)
Hell of the Living Dead (Downloaded & uncut)
Zombie Creeping Flesh (DVD same movie as the one above)
Nightmare City (DVD also downloaded it before i found it!)
Night of teh Comet (Bootleg DVD, classic 80s cheese!!! love it!)
City of the Living Dead (DVD also have one i downloaded)
The Beyond (Uncut Downloaded)
Return of the Living Dead part II (VHS)
Zombie Aftermath (VHS)
Zombie Nosh (DVD)
Zombie Lake (DVD waste of fucking money!)
Zombie 5:Killing Birds (Import DVD shit film!)
Zombie Death House (Downloaded, John Saxon is in it!)
Plague of the Zombies (Classic Hammer VHS)
Resident Evil (downloaded workprint, mics visible etc.)
Resident Evil (DVD)
Resident Evil: Apocalypse (DVD)
Demons (DVD and VHS i have to mention it coz i love the movie so much!)
Demons 2 (DVD and VHS)
Demons 3 (Downloaded, no demons, no gore, no money spent!!!)

28 days later is class, dunno why i have not bought that yet!!!

Prolly have a couple more myself, all my old vhs is in boxes though!

btw: I bought 'Nightmare City' from virgin in liverpool i was amazed to find it, never seen it in any other shop ever, if not virgin, prolly get it on ebay??

Has anyone seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Maybe not...it's not got Zombies in it! :lol:

I thought it was ok, not as good as the original, obviously (which was one of my fave films as a kid).

What annoyed me most was that the film was set in America, but Charlie had an English accent (he didn't in the original film), yet despite the English accent, he constantly used "Americanisms"!! He was saying stuff like "candy store" and "band aid" and numerous others - and if there is one thing that I really hate it's English (or "British") people using Americanisms!! Arghhhhh!!!! :Shedevil:

Which means that about 90% of you "guys" (another word I hate!) on here get my back up as well, with your "movies" and things that are "awesome" or "kickass"!! :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Americans, I just don't like "wannabe Americans" :D

Sammi951 said:
Has anyone seen Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Maybe not...it's not got Zombies in it! :lol:

I thought it was ok, not as good as the original, obviously (which was one of my fave films as a kid).

What annoyed me most was that the film was set in America, but Charlie had an English accent (he didn't in the original film), yet despite the English accent, he constantly used "Americanisms"!! He was saying stuff like "candy store" and "band aid" and numerous others - and if there is one thing that I really hate it's English (or "British") people using Americanisms!! Arghhhhh!!!! :Shedevil:

Which means that about 90% of you "guys" (another word I hate!) on here get my back up as well, with your "movies" and things that are "awesome" or "kickass"!! :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Americans, I just don't like "wannabe Americans" :D

You make some quite interesting points there about the americanism thing, i couldnt agree more, when my little nieces are calling shops "stores" or pop "soda", sweets "candy", films "movies" and that kind of thing, urgh i like totally hate it!

I do think most of us would probably not actually speak in the same way we type on forums in chatrooms, i know i very rarely use the word "awesome" when i speak and yet i seem to type it constantly, liek i am so teh lame!

Anyway! i dunno about that chocolate factory film.....was there any gore in it??? hehe

I'm with you Sammi.My daughter is 3 and she didnt like the new version as much as the old one.Mind niether are as good as the book.

I as usaul Timk Burtons set and imagery were great but as usual the film was shit.All the the umpa lumpa song were wrtten by the Village people.Also like you i hate all the Americanisms it gets on yer tits after a while.anyway I'm to listen to some motherfuckin kick ass metal ............................ooooppppssss.

CRUSADER747 said:
YES!! Thats the one. I particularly like the bits where that goureous woman with the large breasts runs around the asylum, in just her underwear!! :dopey: :loco: :oops: :p :devil:

Yeah i remember that myself! Also doesnt she get chained up and sprayed with a water house as well (i think she is having a nightmare or something?)
she was very tasty :loco:

Lol Cru !
I quite like the Roger Moore era bond flicks, mainly coz they had lots of tasty babes in them! (except the one were the bond girl used to be a man?!?!?!)

Anyway i watched National Lampoons: Lost Reality 2 last night, was funny as fook!

I've saw a few recently oooooeeeeerrrrr.

At the cinema last week, I saw Stealth. It was pretty good, a wee bit boring to start with but after the first 20 mins or so it moved up a gear so to speak. It wasn't brilliant but it wasn't shite either - so 7 out of 10 I'd say.

On DVD I watched Hide & Seek. I really liked this film. The only thing is you had to wait ages before you saw the first kill but after that there was a few more to be seen.Still the story was good enough to keep you interested and it was such a shock when you eventually discover who Charlie is cos I had no idea, and I'm usually quite quick at figuring these things out.

I saw Hostage as well. Not sure if I mentioned this before but this one was brilliant. Bruce Willis is in it and he's on top form. A really excellent story sort of like Panic Room but waaaaaaaaaaaay better. And that young psycho guy, wow he was just pure evil through and through. A bit like you in other words Emperor Valanx hehehe!!!!!