What games do you play whilst listening to Borknagar?

I'm still surprised to how much people like Oblivion. I mean the NPC interaction is actually terrible. Being part of the mages guild is blood pointless etc etc.
I think what annoys me most about the game is that almost every character is ugly, the character interaction is so set; so it doesn't feel like you're talking to a real person.
Oblivion really needs mods to be entertaining for longer than an hour or so.

I agree on all these points.
Well just on the point of character interaction, it's impossible to get a better reaction out of someone other then "I really think you're great", "You're a nice guy", "Oh how are you" etc etc.
I know it sounds stupid, but you can't get the character to have a deep connection, fall in love with you or at least trick you into thinking this etc etc.
While all the fan made mods for oblivion does a somewhat good job at it.

That's another reason I like Morrowind more. Text dialog made characters seem much more individual and
Morrowind had the problem that to get every character to like you there was a random chance on what you'd say would be right or not and it chanced every time. So every character how no individualism.

I see your point but what does a poor disposition system have to do with individualism? How would you have it work? Personally I would have speech craft and character disposition seperated altogether and have speech craft be combined with mercantile, make it only usable in a "persuade" option like in Neverwinter Nights to get some extra gold as a quest reward. Character disposition should be based on guilds, fame, infamy, race, deeds, etc.

The systems in both games were easily abused. Hell I could level 1 to 50 in a day with Oblivions persuasion system. Also Oblivion should have had different guild endings like Morrowind, and been more open ended with the guilds. In Morrowind you didn't even have to do a single mission in that north east fighters guild if you didn't want to.

They should have:

Dark Brotherhood-Given the choice to betray Lucien or not.

Fighters Guild-Side with Modryn or that woman.

Mages-Join the necromancers or stay with the guild.

Knights of The Nine:Had an alternative "shadowknight" path choice.

Just a few ideas.

I see your point but what does a poor disposition system have to do with individualism?
Well because it's like that, the characters actually have no character. So you don't actually learn what their like, what they like or what kind of response you will get from them depending on what you say.

Most fan mods fix that sort of stuff.

While I can agree that Oblivion is a good "Borknagar-game", my personal fave in this regard would be SotC.
Someone has captured some of the gameplay and added Colossus on this clip on youtube: [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=E_8bugwowsM[/ame]
My favorite game of all time is UT1. Yup, 'ma g33k 2, a Borknerd geek ;)

Damn Tyr! Where'd your beard go? It looked much better.

Also, I have a few Borknagar songs (the agressive fast ones) on my Dawn of War playlist. Alongside Witchery, The Prodigy, and so forth.

Oh my, everyone in Borknagar is a nerd.
Listening to Colossus while playing SotC is just cheesy as hell though.

In fact, I'm going to go play Oblivion now. Need to take down some stupid fucking Ogre for some tavern wench.
Also was planning to steal some items for The Thieves Guild... but I ran out of lockpicks.
I'M THE BEST THIEF EVER SERIOUSLY.

And for the record, Tyr looks a lot hotter in that photo.

SotC was a good game, but it was almost always the same way to kill every enemy. And the frames..... they dropped sooooooo much! :lol:
Sorry to be such a critic...