feelings when listening borknagar

YMIR

Scaldic Art
Jan 11, 2002
Nederland
Visit site
What do you feel when you listening borknagar??

I always get that ´universal´ feeling. Can´t say it in a other way. It´s like the feeling when you read a book about animals all over the world:) It´s because the lyrics I think, but also the great epic compositions....:) ;) What do you feel?

yeah!

and i have also cosmic feelings!

like: "now i know i am a part of this universe ,little but imporatant"

they have an immanent and at the same time transcendent feeling.

earth and cosmos intertwined!

micro and macrocosm in a single perfect sphere!

they are an amazing band!

for sure!

:D

I feel like I am living in a epic wold, the same happen to me when I read Lord of the Ring, almosta the same feeling, some clean chorus makes me feel like that.

Epic.....Undescribable.....Like none other......Borknagar is amazing...I can't wait to see them live someday! Then i can die happy.:D

I have never really understood all the cosmic things that are in Empiricism and Quintessence. So I guess I just feel that it is good music when listening to those. But when listening to The Olden Domain and the others there is some epic feeling. A feeling that takes you back to the ancient and green Scandinavia. Not really to the asatro, but more to the Scandinavian nature.

Well, it's different form album to album, but the when I listen to Quintessence and Epiricism, I get the kind of unversal/cosmic but also epic feeling, that some here has alreay described. When I listen to Olden Domain it's more like close to nature, and the past.

Originally posted by Fjelltussa
Well, it's different form album to album, but the when I listen to Quintessence and Epiricism, I get the kind of unversal/cosmic but also epic feeling, that some here has alreay described. When I listen to Olden Domain it's more like close to nature, and the past.

Yeah thats right; I feel almost the same.

You know, I think Oystein himself summed it up best himself with his notes on the first album. He wrote:

Borknagar is a band inspired by by the yearning moods
that entertains fantasy, and calls revelations in our minds
concerning the ancient past.
A past in which myths and primeval love kept generations
searching for the true basis and essence in life.
This album contains musical manifestations
of our feelings towards those glorious days,
brought to you through our own independant
and createive tongue - through the chords of modern metal.

(Sorry if I missed a word or two, the script was a little hard to read against the sky backdrop)

Peace!
Ulf