what guitar to buy?

Obviously I don't since I was wrong at first having never seen one of these, but I do like to inform myself.

Bluesky, if you tune a 7-string guitar drop A, does it make it a bass?

Answer is no, woops, I spoiled it!

The stuff you're saying would be like me saying that regular grass is blue because I believe it is, while everyone else is telling me it's green. Even though you may think that you're right because it's your own opinion or how you see it, you'd be wrong because it is in fact not blue.

You need to read up on what I said. It ain't a bass either. It's been altered enough to be considered it's own instrument. A violin player asks someone to borrow a violin and they show up with a cello is there going to be a difference there? Yes. Same thing. Stop saying stupid shit like is a 7 string blah blah blah. Fact is an 8 string tuned to A still true to the guitar range, and more true than a 7 tuned to A, but even a 7 tuned to A is closer than what you got. Taking out that high range of guitar alters it a shitload.

You people aren't thinking very clearly on accounts of what someone told you this obscure instrument is.

Guess, I didn't read far enough, since you changed your tune. Though, it's still a guitar, just not a normal guitar obviously.

It's not just a guitar just like a bass is not just a guitar. Fact is I had no clue this instrument existed until this thread, but I did research it in conjunction of knowledge from other instruments, and these are the facts. They're all cousins, but you're sacrificing too much of the guitar range to consider it just a guitar. Just like a cello is not just a violin although they're still in the same family you give it it's own name.

it would be better to compare a violin to a viola rather then a cello...same family but the cello is bloody huge in comparison to the violin

it would be better to compare a violin to a viola rather then a cello...same family but the cello is bloody huge in comparison to the violin

:lol: No the violin to cello range comparison is what matters here. Sorry.