What has UM done for your musical knowledge?

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
Since you've been visitng UM, would you say your general knowledge of metal music has improved?

I ask this because I realised this was definitely the case for me - posting here has really broadened and improved my knowledge of various different bands and genres.

Thanks UM! :lol:

To answer your question: A lot! When I started posting on this board, metalwise I was just into Norwegian black metal. Now I'm into most sorts of black metal, and a lot of death metal. Thanks, UM ;)

Not yet, before I joined this forum I had only visited this site once or twice anyway.
I plan on checking out some of the bands people here mentioned though, so I'm sure UM will increase my music knowledge (just haven't had time to get on Kazaa and download shit).

Hails to Ultimatemetal.com

My musical knowledge was quite good even before I came here because my friends like music and metal and we trade CD's. UM did one very good thing for me though, I found out about the UM hub. I use it to check out the bands I am interested in (not all are there, but it's good enough).

It Has Helped My Knowledge Alot As A Whole. But If I Were To Rate Just The General Discussion Aspect Of It All. The Only Thing I Learned Is That Their Are Alot Of Sorry Sons Of Beaches On The Board.